Ch. 27: A Second Chance

A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't put this up sooner, tryna get things sorted and time gets away from me. Nonetheless, hope y'all enjoy this chapter. It's a bit short but should set things up real nicely. Enjoy!

Spring Break had not been as satisfyingly fun as it usually is. In fact, it was more lonely and quiet, sad even. Beca was still feeling at a loss, as did Chloe and Jesse. She still hadn't managed to talk to either of them. Not that either of them had been talking much anyway during their break. Beca still had not shaken the feeling of regret that weighed heavy on her heart. It actually got worse as the days went by. Dumping Chloe, though seemed like the right thing to do, still did not feel as such. Beca had managed to return to her duties as Spider-Woman, but it wasn't the same, not without her friends. More importantly, Spider-Woman wasn't the same. She wasn't the same fun-loving, talkative, sarcastic, friendly neighborhood Spidey she usually was. She was much more aggressive and ruthless in her crime-fighting antics, taking out thugs with more of a vengeance than she ever did before. Given that this was her outlet for all the heartache, grief, and anger she had obtained in the past few weeks, it wasn't a helpful factor. And when she wasn't out smashing and tossing criminals around, she was cooped up in the booth at the music factory. She's been keeping it going since Luke's disappearance, playing her music along with some others. It was a nice way to relax and get away from everything that's happened, although not a complete distraction. And speaking of Luke, there was still yet any sight of him. All this time, and still nothing. With each day that passed, it made less and less sense that he still hadn't made his next move. And the question of his whereabouts, his reasons for disappearing for so long, grew more and more with each day.

But strangely, he wasn't clouding Beca's mind as much as he was in the beginning. Now she had a million other things racing through her head. For the most obvious one, there was Bumper. Whom of which, Beca saw back at the Treble house after their little encounter. She's kept a close eye on him ever since then too. Thankfully, he hasn't done anything else shady, but Beca knew a guy like him with superpowers could be bad. She sent a text to Jesse to let him know of the encounter and to stay away from Bumper. He thanked her for letting him know, but that was it. She didn't get anything else from him, which she sadly expected. She needed to get things sorted out with him soon. She hated not having her best friend around, or even just chatting with him. She missed him, and not just him either. She missed Chloe most of all, and she missed all her friends at that.

She missed them so much that one night while in the booth, Beca saw a copy of The Breakfast Club soundtrack CD. This got her thinking back to the night she, Chloe, Jesse, Benji, Aubrey and Fat Amy were all together, watching that same movie. That seemed like one of the best nights of her life. She had her girlfriend, her two best friends, and was even getting along with Aubrey at that time. She had no worries, no struggles, no conflicts; just enjoying life with some of her favorite people in the world. It seemed like pure magic. And if she was being honest with herself, she wanted it back. She wanted to relive it over and over again. She wanted to have Chloe back in her arms. She got to thinking about it so much that when she returned to her room, she got out her copy of the movie, the one Jesse gave her ages ago, and played it on her laptop. As the ending approached, so did the song Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds. Beca still remembered the first time she saw this with Jesse and how he went on about the song. He stated how it was so fitting with the movie's ending given its emotional yet triumphant tone. And as the ending scene froze with the song playing and Judd Nelson's fist in the air, all Beca could think about was Chloe and what she had done. Needless to say, she was in tears by the end of it, something she swore would never happen in a movie.

"Oh my God" she sighed as she removed her headphones and wiped away her tears.

Now she was sure she made a mistake. Everything she had done before the break was one big ugly mistake. She needed to be back with the Bellas, back with Chloe. But the problem was, that would endanger her, and doing that would be selfish of Beca. Not to mention, the chances of Chloe, or the Bellas, taking her back were slim to none. She had no idea what she was supposed to do.