Prologue: The Birth of a Web Slinger

Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Woman. That's what the city of New York has called her ever since her first of appearances. Someone who protects innocent civilians and takes on the crime in the streets. A good samaritan that looks after the little guys, her fellow people. Though not everybody has shown her the same gratitude and appreciation she deserves, she keeps going at it, never once letting up.

Many people have wondered who she is, what drives her, how she became who she is now. Knowing mostly everything about people such as The Avengers, it was strange and mysterious having one who kept her identity sealed. There have been many stories and rumors as to who or what she could be. More importantly, they wondered what her story was.

Well, the truth is, before she was Spider-Woman, she was just an ordinary person like everyone else. To be exact, she was just a regular teenaged girl with a taste for music. And her name, is Beca Mitchell.

She wasn't anyone special, just your average kid who went to school, did her work, hung out with her friends, had goals involving the music industry, did her usual hobbies in her room and tried to help her parents out with bills.

Now, you all must be wondering, how could an ordinary girl like this suddenly become a masked superhero?

It all started later in her junior year of high school, and you could say it was all thanks to her lifelong best friend, Jesse. Believe it or not, Jesse is the son of billionaire inventory, geneticist and genius, Norman Osborn. He was the founder, owner and operator of Oscorp Industries, one of the largest multinational corporations ever made. Wanting his son to improve on his knowledge of the company and one day be his successor, Norman got Jesse a spot on a tour for one of Oscorp's research centers. Not wanting to be the only non-college intern touring, Jesse convinced Beca and Fat Amy, their other best friend since freshman year, to tag along.

Beca, at the time, was working for the school's newspaper and needed to get some photos. As for Fat Amy, she wanted to learn more about animals, genetics and what kind of stuff happens at Oscorp. So, both students got something out of it as well.

During the tour, there was a part where the lady scientist was showing and telling them about these fifteen genetically enhanced super spiders. During which, Fat Amy noticed that there was only fourteen and that one was missing. The lady was just as confused as she was and just figured the researchers were working on that one. After the presentation, the crowd was led away to the next part of the tour. However, Beca stayed behind to get a clear shot of the spiders.

After a brief moment of getting some pretty good shots, she felt this stinging pinching pain on her hand. She shook it off and saw a tiny little spider fall off her hand and run away. She then checked the bite, seeing that it didn't look bad. But once her friends called to her, she just forgot about it and moved on, cussing out the spider as she did.

The rest of the tour went by pretty smoothly. But by the time they started heading home, Beca was starting to feel very uneasy. She was getting disoriented, dizzy, even a little nauseous. When she got home, Fat Amy even had to help her up the front porch stairs. Beca then got inside, barely said a word to her parents, and crawled up the other stairs to her room. She was able to set her glasses on her desk and her stuff just around on floor.

By then, her spider bite had swollen to the size of a small ball, she was covered in a cold sweat and started shivering. She didn't even bother crawling into her bed. She just collapsed on the floor, reached for her blanket and pulled it over till she was able to fall asleep.

The next day, she woke up feeling much better, but she was attached to the ceiling of her room. She was able to drop down without being hurt by the hard landing. If that wasn't weird enough, she started noticing multiple changes about herself. She could see without her glasses, her physical appearance had grown more muscular then before, the pads on her fingers were much rougher like tiny little needles stuck in them, and she was very incredibly strong. She managed to break the faucet in her bathroom, break off the towel rack, snap her toothbrush in half by just brushing her teeth and managed to crush the bottle of mouth wash with hardly any ounce of effort.