Chapter 30

The king briskly put his armour and polished his sword. He looks at his men bravely as his eyes stared at them one by one.

"Now men, This is another time where we'll lose our lives for the kingdom. Some of us might make it and some of us will not. Be careful out there, we are sacrificing for the kingdom itself."

He hopped on his horse and the gate opened. His heart beating in worry for Y/n but he thought that this is for her. "ya!" He charges to the battlefield. His men followed behind him.

He eyed the enemies intensely as one approach him with a rusty old sword. The king briskly raised his ironed polished ones and slash it against the rival's neck. Blood splattered everywhere as the horrifying body tumbled on the ground.

He approaches more and clanking of metals and neighing of horses fills his ear- making him remember all the wars he had been and won too. But this one's different, he had her. He was doing it for her and his kingdom. He smirks as he effortlessly kills men whenever one comes to his path or he approaches them (that's the scary part)

He looks closely at the back if ever someone would attack him from behind, but little did he knows- the king of Rendaven also known as Henry, approach him upfront.

The world seems to fall, the sky became grey. Henry raised his sword, the sun shines down at it making it glimmer on the tip.

With one push of his sword towards King Daniel, it will forever be the grief of Y/n. Though, there are so many lost and unfulfilled promises the two had made- maybe this day, the promises they made for each other will never be fulfilled. Maybe Y/n was right, maybe it's the right time to let go of what they have instead of getting too attached to him.

Or maybe she's wrong.

There's no letting go of someone you love dearly, till death do us apart- i'm not letting go. Y/n whispered to herself, as she drowns herself to the thought. Her head below her elbows as she sat down on the corner, waiting for his return. She's still hoping that she will- Daniel never disappoints.

The king felt it coming, the feeling of destruction has come again on his path- he looks ahead to see Henry raising his sword towards him. Not a moment to lose, King Daniel quickly leaned away from it. The tip of Henry's sword made it's way to Daniel's cheek- slightly gashing a wound.

Both kings breathe heavily as both of them circled away from each other- glaring with animosity.

Blood trickled down Daniel's cheek- he wiped it away and saw the blood on his armoured shoulder. "Almost got me there, Henry." Daniel started. "But not even close to killing me, Pathetic." Daniel taunted.

Henry sneered, "It wouldn't be fun to kill you that easy, Daniel."

"Let's finish what we started before, Ay Henry?" Daniel said as he grips the sword in front of him.

"Will do," Henry replied and charges towards Daniel, Daniel on the other hand charge as well.

As the two got closer- they clash each other's swords making a huge clang. The grey clouds became darker by the minute as they continue to take lives from each other.

Dodging by each other's swords- Henry had a vile plan inside his mind. He ducks down and stabs Daniel's horse. The horse neighs in pain- uncontrollably tumbling around making Daniel hopped off the horse and landed on his back. Soon, the horse runs away from the battlefield. Unfortunately, it didn't make it out alive.

Quickly, Daniel grabbed his sword and scurried away before he'll get stab by this lunatic. Daniel breathed heavily as he raised again his sword, getting ready for the fight. Henry hopped off his horse and stare at Daniel conceitedly.