chapter 13

I didn't
Proofread
This

+

It's my last day on this kingdom and it's christmas. The first thing that I want to do is help his people~ despite the fact that some criminals almost kidnapped me but it was okay, it happend already and I didn't get hurt or anybody. I sat up on my bed and look outside. The view is full of snow, the orchids that me and Jonah planted died, sad.

After I took a warm shower, I quickly get out of my room. Though, I don't have any presents for Jonah or the king. I'm a stupid dumb ass bitch, why didn't I think of that? Maybe when I get home. I'll send them presents. I quickly went in the kitchen to have a conversation with the king. Unfortunately he's not there so I must be guessing that he's still asleep or has 'duties' if he ever does one.  This time, I ate alone since I don't wait for no man.

Now that I don't know what to do, I stared into space for nothing because the silence is defeaning me. The castle has it's own unsettling silence. This time, an idea popped in my head, "library," I quickly stated and stood up from my seat to have a chatty chat on Jonah. My lavender gown swayed as I walked.

"Jonah~" I sang as I walk towards our meeting place. He didn't answer, he must be drowning with the books again, I thought. As I turn on the side of the shelf, he wasn't there- nor his figure isn't the one standing.

It was the king's.

"Whoa," I reacted. He snapped his head at me then smirk. A book was on his hands- the same book that me and Jonah were reading yesterday. I was stunned my feet were stuck on the ground and my eyes stared at him.

"Something wrong?" He asked, looking at me then at the book. I looked at the book then him- as if reading was a crime. "N-nothing. Nothing's wrong." I quickly shook the feeling. I was about to head outside if it wasn't for him, asking me questions that I'm afraid to answer.

"What are you doing here, Princess." He nonchalantly said as he flipped some pages on the book- looking at it boringly. I gulped down and faced him. "I was looking for someone, but never mind- he's not here," I dimissively said adding a little eye roll and turn my back around from him. I heard him mummble something that I didn't heard.

"He?" He asked, I stepped on my tracks- facing my back on his face. I stiffen at his question. I nodded from behind vigorously. "Yes but he's not here, so.." I faced him. He placed the book back from where it was and then leaned on the shelves- he crossed his arms over his chest and looked at me with an arch eyebrow, his lips twisted in disgust.

"Tell me about him," He monotonously said. I arched an eyebrow and look at everywhere, trying to analyze the words. Is he playing? I shook my head in disbelief and laugh at his face awkwardly but he got this serious expression and that made me stopped from laughing. I began to straighten my posture and cleared my throat.

"It's none of your concern actually, Your majesty." I smiled at him weakly, trying to understand what is on his mind and why is he trying to find out about Jonah. He rolled his eyebrows in a 'i'm done of your shits' way and looked at me intensely. "It is my concern, besides, I'm curious of this 'he' of yours and why are you so defensive about it." He taunted.

"I don't sound defensive! It's just, you don't know him so you would careless to know about him," I reasoned.

"Oh please, tell me about him." There were no sarcasm in his tone- it was full of taunts and curiousity. I sighed and rolled my eyes at him.

"He's my friend, the only one I have in this castle. His name is Jonah and he's one of your servants," I explained tiredly, wanting to find Jonah if this is done because I want to spend time with him rather than this venomous person infront of me.