Kabanata 19 - Duke's Little Duchess

Magsimula sa umpisa

Ngumiti si Dale, "I want it to be finish in two days."

He's been waiting for it for weeks now. Sa wakas ay nandito na rin. He can finally start it.

* * *

After the calming and refreshing massage, one of my maids entered the room holding a letter address to me. It was another tea party hosted by the youngest daughter of Count Alba. Though I hate parties and socializing so much, I need this now if I want to have a dignified image on the society. And I can only do that if have enough presence on social occasions. And this tea party would be my start.

Amaury, despite of being a Count daughter, from a wealthy family, she was on a low social ranking on the noble ladies. Her character being a meek and timid girl causes her to become a laughingstock. But that started to change when I got into this body. I will make sure that no one can bully and belittle me again. And to make sure I'll survive the day when Beatrice tries to attack me. I am slowly rising, being known to the nobles and aristocrats because I was thr Grand Duke of Brixton's little wife. What if our time is over and we got divorce? All the people who respect me as the Duke's wife would look down on me again. That's why I need my name to be the one who will become known. Not just the Duke of Brixton's wife but as Amaury Blaive Clerebold. A noble lady from the Household of Clerebold.

"Send a letter to confirm my attendance, thank you."

A few days has passed and today is when I must attend the tea party hosted by Lady Steph Alba.

I haven't seen the duke for a while now, Kaeden told me he was busy doing something. And I am not allowed to know what is that something is. I left the mansion with just Sir Adam by my side. Hindi na rin ako nagpaalam pa kay Dale because as Kaeden said, he is busy doing something. Napairap ako nangmalala kung paano pagtakpan ni Kaeden si Dale. Whatever he's doing, siguraduhin niya na hindi madadamay ang pangalan ko. I am trying to build my own reputation here, you know?

When we arrived, a maid guided us kung saan nagaganap ngayon ang tea party.

Lady Steph smile at me and greeted me, "It's good to finally meet you, Lady Amaury." She spoke.

I smiled a little, "The pleasure is mine, Lady Steph."

I heard one of the noble ladies spoke, "Look how fake she looks! The audacity of her to attend the tea party that she doesn't belong to."

Ngumisi lamang ako sa narinig at saka umupo sa upuan kung saan pa bakante. Napalunok ako when the person besides me was Emeline. The heroine in the story herself!

"Greetings for you, Lady Emeline." I politely greeted her.

She gave me a little nod and told me to sit beside her, I obliged. I badly wanted to talk to her but then my attention was caught by Beatrice nang mag-simula siyang mag-malaki ng kanyang mga debutante gift. Emeline is still drinking her tea and not paying attention to Beatrice.

Then one of the girls caught me looking at them she grinned and said, "How about you Lady Amaury? Did you perhaps receive something?"

Hindi ako makasagot sa kanila. Because the truth is, I told my parents to not give me anything. I actually don't have any interest in this world kaya wala akong nasabi na gusto ko when they asked me about it. Ang interest ko lamang ay ang makasurvive at hindi nabigyan pansin ang mga materyal na bagay. In the end they named one of our properties to me. Can I say it? Pero ayokong magtunog na nagmamalaki.

They took my silence as a hint na wala akong nakuha, tumawa sila.

"Oh, don't tell me wala? Oh, poor Lady Clerebold."

Kung kailan ko gusto magsimula iangat ang pangalan ko saka dadating ang ganitong problema. I rolled my eyes to their obvious scheme. But when I was about to answer, that's the time when Emeline took action on the situation. Emeline doesn't hate any girl in particular. She just hates how the nobles and aristocrats act. Just because they're born wealthy and powerful ay mang-mamaliit na sila.

"Lady Amaury, don't need to please any of you."

Beatrice snapped when Emeline took my side. This is getting out of hand. I am now thinking that attending this is indeed a bad idea.

"I am Duke's Childe daughter! If I want her to please me, she will do so! A Count's daughter has nothing compared to me. And how dare you to talk to me like that!" Singhal ni Beatrice.

My House is richer than you, I wanted to say but I can't butt in. Emeline and Beatrice are both determine to win the argument.

Ngumisi si Emeline at pinunasan ang gilid ng labi niya gamit ang napkin. She must think how ridiculous Beatrice sounds right now. They're both from the family of Duke. But then Emeline's house was on much higher status than Beatrice. Kaya kung sino ang dapat na magpakumbaba dito ay si Beatrice. And the two houses were nothing compared to the dela Fleur status.

"The one you're insulting is soon-to-be the Grand Duchess of Brixton. A much higher position than a mere Duke's daughter like us. Are you sure you want to displease our Excellency?"

Beatrice gritted her teeth. Gustuhin man niyang kontrahin ang sinabi ni Emeline ay hindi niya maikakaila ang katotohanan doon. Kaya naman instead of targeting Amaury, she directed it to Emeline instead.

"Ano ang kinaiinit ng ulo mo, Lady Emeline? I am just asking about Lady Amaury's debutante gift. I don't see any problem with that at all." Ngisi ni Beatrice.

Bored na tiningnan ni Emeline ang mga babae na ngayon ay bumubungisngis, "And as I've said, Lady Amaury doesn't need to answer any of you. Leave her alone."

Tumango-tango si Beatrice tila ba inaasahan na ang sagot na iyon ni Emeline, "She doesn't want to answer because there is nothing to say. Of course, a measly noble from the countryside will never have such extravagant gift like mine."

I can see something's change on Emeline's face. But then mabilis niya itong naitago gamit ang ngisi niya.

She turned to me and whisper, "I have a garden. I'll tell them that it's yours. It is not that big but it will help you to escape this ridiculous topic."

I wanted to tell her that she doesn't need to defend me because I am capable of doing it on my own. But before I can say something, Sir Adam walked in and announced something.

"Lady Amaury, the flower on your garden has bloomed. "

Kumunot noo ako, "Huh?"

Tumikhim siya at inikot ang mata sa paligid, everyone is watching.

"Your debutante gift from the Grand Duke."