What caused you to end a friendship?

That was a question on Reddit and I decided to go for it and add my own shit to it.

My friend and I had a very important project. The mark we got would make 70% for the subject, so it was really important. I got sick a week before we had to present. I had fever, a headache, a sore throat (my voice was completely gone) and I constantly threw up. I lost 15,432 pounds, because I stopped eating and kept throwing up. So I texted them and asked them if they could ask the teacher a few questions and reminded them to finish their part.

They agreed and said that they got it.
I returned the next week, a bit better, but still not totally good. I didn't want to leave her hanging though ( mainly because she would actually accuse me of leaving all the work to her, because she was the kind of bitch who didn't take being sick as an excuse) so I came anyways. I went to our teacher to ask if everything was settled and where the music boxes were and she asked why we would need them. A bit confused, I informed her that my friend wanted to play a song from YouTube. She them told me that wouldn't work since we don't have Wi-Fi in that room. My friend didn't ask her after all and so that part (one of hers) fell away. I told myself that it was fine and went to find my friend, who came running to me, nearly hugged me to death and cried, saying that she forgot her stuff. I freaked out and sorted through my things, gave her some of mine and made up a few things for her on the spot. She didn't even thank me and proceeded to complain about that later, saying that I didn't let her do anything.

We then had our presentation. I had to set it up, I had to make the children shut up and I had to answer the questions. I then needed to put it all away.
In conclusion: I made something up for my friend and did most of the work, while she forgot her stuff and didn't ask the questions she was supposed to ask (and she had a whole week). When I got home, I told my mum about it and she said that it wasn't really fair. So, the next day, I told the teacher and gave the material to her.

So my friend got a B, while I got an A.

And she ended up throwing a tantrum, saying how it wasn't fair and that we deserved the same grade. She mostly ignored me and then we hung out together with another dude, she suddenly started taunting and insulting me. She usually did that, I wasn't surprised, but this time what she said was more hurtful. So, I made some comebacks to defend my actions, because she was blaming me for her "bad" grade.
She didn't like that and proceeded to say:" Well, at least I have more than one friend I hang out with. I'm not a fucking loser who runs after a person, following them like a dog. "

That hit hard and she was right. I distanced myself from most of my friends because she didn't like them.
I must have looked really shocked, because she laughed it off and said she was joking and that I should have seen my face. She said I looked like a corpse who had seen a ghost. I felt really sick after that. Her comment was upsetting. I was aware that I didn't have many friends, but I never had the chance to connect with anyone, because I always accompanied her. She hated everyone I hang out with and said that it's either them or her. We met on the very first day of school and immediately hit it off, so of course I chose her. So, while I was lonely and only had her, she was out there making friends and finding other people to gossip with, because I didn't really do that.

After that, I pretty much ignored her and spent time with my other classmates. I'm surprised that I stayed with her that long, looking back at it, it seems much worse lol

She left the school at the end of the year though and our entire class has been doing much better since.
We also burned her stuff that she forgot at our school (after we found it in our closet, it had been six months since she left so like,,, it was free estate).

And that's it.
Toodles.