"Yeah," Andy felt her heart warm as she thought of those tiny, little moments , forgetting how their own mother wanted them dead.

"But, I'm better now," she said.

"Sure," Andy sarcastically agreed.

"Hey!" Nina exclaimed. "I only had one bag of chips last night."

"You had two," Derek corrected as he took the last bite of the omelette.

~~~~~

"Hey, Isaac-wait up!" Mack called as he ran up to the taller boy, who was heading to the cafeteria.

"'Sup?" Isaac said politely, but wondering why he was talking to him. They didn't really have a great history.

"You know you're a good guy?" Mack said. "Even though you punched me."

"Sorry about that," Isaac apologized.  "And thanks."

"I understand that you love her," Mack continued. "I shouldn't have made a move right after you guys broke up."

"Yeah, it was dickish," Isaac agreed. Then added, "I could've reacted better."

"So, are we cool?" Mack asked.

"Yeah, we're cool man," Isaac grinned at the new found friendship. "Better late than never."

"Jay likes you too," Mack added. "We're just protective over Andy."

"I hadn't noticed," Isaac said sarcastically. "But your sister really makes an effort to express that's she hates me."

"That's just because she's her," Mack chuckled, thinking about his twin. "You guys will have a breakthrough too."

"Yeah," Isaac scoffed. "How are you and Mal?"

"It's going good," Mack smiled warmly. "Her memory is good. But I think she's jealous of Andy. Which I keep on telling her that we broke up because of you and Mal. But, you know? Girls."

"Mal isn't much of a girl," Isaac teased.

"Be careful," Mack warned. "She hears everything."

The two boys laughed together.

"What about you and Andy?" Mack asked, carefully. 

"Um, it's hard," Isaac answered. "I'm crazy about her. I know she wants to be more with me, but she refuses to allow that to happen. "

"Yeah, she talked big game about how we needed to be with the one we really want to be with."

"I know it's because of Francesca." 

"I guess Andy doesn't want her mom to see her caring about anyone," Mack told him. "She doesn't want her mom to take them away."

"It sucks that it's her own mom causing all of this," Isaac sighed. "She has all this weight."

"And she's not gonna let anyone lift it off her shoulders," Mack added as they entered the cafeteria. "It's funny how we always find a way to talk about her," he chuckled, putting two slices of waffles on his plate. 

"She is extraordinary," Isaac smiled softly to himself.

~~~~~

Tom was dragging Cora by the arm into the woods. Anyone would've thought he was kidnapping her, but even if he was, she would kick his ass in a second. 

"Where are you taking me?" Cora quizzically asked as they just made one mile into the beautiful fall forest, soon to be covered with snow. 

"You'll see," he said with a big, white smile. "We're almost there."