A F T E R G L O W

The light shower of rain tonight cools everything down from the day... allowing us to enter our world... allowing us to pick our targets and fill our pockets... adrenaline running through our veins, keeping us going... It's like novocaine.

We could go all night, just to feed us. We have enough in us to fend for an army ... it's a long way to move forward, but I reckon we deserve it. We do everything for this family, now it's time to do something for us. Like chasing the sun away.

"You need to take it easy, this whole thing isn't going to last." she says, what does she know? She doesn't know the struggle i've gone through to get here! The friends i've lost the enemies i've gained. The places I've gone and the things I've done. I've got nowhere else to go... maybe I'm too caught up in the afterglow.

"You need to leave!"

"I can't go home!"

"I've heard that before!"

"La-"

"Just go."

Maybe I was too caught up in the afterglow.

We'll try again. We can do this. We can get through this. I will win you back and we will be strong. The road ahead is going to be long and it's not going to be smooth. But we can do it before tomorrow comes, before yesterday finishes. We just need to take it easy. We just need to hold onto this feeling.

"Bye guys! We'll see you soon." We waved to our friends, smiled and all. This is all we need. We don't have to go anywhere. We just need each other. Maybe we're caught up in the afterglow. Staying here with you it's amazing. We are caught up in the afterglow.

"Let's take it easy tonight sweets. I want to hold onto this feeling of you in my arms, holding you."

"Haha, but we need to get up."

"No we don't, neither of us has to work today."

"You're too caught up in an afterglow."

The sun goes down. Where are you? Come find me in the afterglow. I'm waiting to be found in the warm light. The lights turn out. Where have you gone? I'll be in the afterglow. Where you left me. Your afterglow.