29: Boys Don't Cry

Start from the beginning

"Jeongguk what's happening to you?" Chie asked him alarmed again. But Jeongguk didn't respond, he was busy having trouble breathing. Chie rapidly went out of the room to call a nurse, meanwhile, Jeongguk was hyperventilating feeling the room spinning around him.

A nurse Jeongguk didn't recognize came quickly along with his mother, equipment to take his blood pressure and other stuff. After examination, the nurse gave him a weak smile. "I need you to take deep breaths... you're experiencing a panic attack. It'll pass sound" she said with a soothing voice and Jeongguk nodded doing as she said. The nurse added medication to the serum once again, and soon the alpha was calm, his breathing becoming steady and his eyes closing, drifting back to sleep.

"A panic attack?" Chie asked frowning at the nurse who nodded at her.

"It's very common for patients who suffered traumatic accidents. We'll keep an eye on him to avoid any post-traumatic stress disorder. I recommend not talking to him about the accident" the nurse said eyeing the woman who was still concerned, even when she was the one who provoked him.

The next few days were not better for the alpha. He received countless visits from his friends and mother, but his head didn't work properly. All he could think about was the accident, the man who died, and Taehyung.

Taehyung was still sleeping, they said it was because he was very sedated to avoid any pain from his injuries, and the moment of lucidity he had was blurry, because of the drugs in his system. But Jeongguk wanted to see him, badly. He wanted to hear his voice calling his name and tell him how much he loves him.

The distant chatter of Yoongi with Lalisa seemed to be very far away from Jeongguk, not even Jimin's voice, who was sitting next to him, could distract him from the countless thoughts in his head.

"Can you guys stop bickering?" Jimin asked crossing his arms against his chest, glaring at Lalisa who was so animatedly arguing with Yoongi.

"We are not bickering! I'm just excited to have the chance to argue about omegas with the famous Min Yoongi" the girl said with a wide smile, making her cheeks look plumper.

Yoongi smiled flustered and Jimin frowned at his actions, never he had seen Yoongi act that way with another girl, most likely an alpha girl.

"When can I see Tae?" Jeongguk's raspy voice startled them as the three of them turn to look at him, he looked better physically but emotionally he was worse.

"Hey Gukie, I promise you I will take you to him soon, okay? He's still sleeping due to the medications..." Jimin said caressing the alpha's black locks with a hand and offering a gentle smile. Jeongguk tilted his head to look at Jimin, his cold and blank expression still there.

"You'll be out of here soon, don't worry mate" Lalisa cheekily grinned at him.

"Your mother already arrange the moving... she's taking you back to her house" Yoongi explained to him and Jeongguk immediately looked at him, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I'm not going to my mother's house. I want to go to my apartment" Jeongguk replied harshly, earning soft exchanges between Lalisa and Jimin, while Yoongi was looking at him indifferently.

"You can't be alone. You need to recover first so don't be stubborn Jeongguk" Yoongi said, half scolding the young alpha and half concerned.

"I can take care of myself perfectly fine... and I have to take care of Tae too... he will be released soon and he hates when the bedroom is messy... I need to go to our apartment and prepare everything for him.... and see Nochu... he probably misses me... what?" he asked hating the pitiful looks his friends were giving him.