19: The Truth Untold II

Taehyung was exhausted, his legs felt numb every time he made a step further into his bedroom. A tingling sensation in his chest also had been bothering him, and for the three hours he was attending the coffee shop the only thing on his mind was Jeongguk. It was a strange feeling, to be able to sense someone else emotions and he wanted to learn about the nature and truths of the legendary mate bond.

And who better understood the matter than the genotype genius himself?

Taehyung postponed his sleep time and went to Namjoon's home office. He was lying uncomfortably on an armchair next to Namjoon's desk, long legs hanging loosely while his head was thrown back, dark blue eyes admiring the dull white ceiling.

The omega was startled by the sound of books being soundly dropped on the table next to him, making him jump lightly. Namjoon offered him a funny chuckle, showing his dimpled smile.

"So what did you want to ask me?" the alpha asked, eyes focused on his books on the desk, neatly organizing the pile to place them in a corner.

"It's about the mate bond," Taehyung said in a soft tone of voice, turning his head to look at his brother-in-law, pretty eyelashes making shades on his plump peachy cheeks.

Namjoon hummed raising an eyebrow a bit surprised. "Yeah? What do you want to know?"

"Explain to me how it works, hyung," Taehyung said now turning his whole body to seat correctly, showing how much interest he had in the topic. "I've been sensing Jeongguk's emotion the last few hours and it's driving me crazy"

The alpha stared at Taehyung for a moment, he sighed heavily sitting on his leather chair. "That's natural for fated pairs, Taehyung. Jeongguk and you are destined mates, how much score did you say you two have on the lovegen app?"

"100%..." Taehyung replied with a shy smile, eyes darting away from Namjoon.

The alpha was shocked, eyebrows furrowed, and mouth open. "Fuck... I mean damn... geez... that much? You have more score than Jin and I..."

"It's the absolute match, right?" the omega asked, blinking his eyes questioning.

"Indeed, Jin and I have 97% and that's already shocking. I can only imagine how will increase the bond between you two with time..." the alpha said scratching his chin while fixing his glasses.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asked confused.

"A soulmate bond is precious, Tae" Namjoon began to explain, a soft smile adorning his features. "Well when you first meet your soulmate you feel instantly attached to them, you sure felt it with Jeongguk when you first saw him"

"Like a string pulling us together..." the omega said remembering how easy was for him to let Jeongguk in.

"Exactly, well is more intense for an alpha and an omega, much more intense than any other genotype, and since Jeongguk is a pure breed he must feel it way more powerful, his senses must be ridiculously high when it comes to you" Namjoon explained trying to find the right words to not scare the oblivious omega in front of him, who was tense and his pretty eyes were in alarm mode. "After the mark is made during mating... the bond is sealed, you and Jeongguk are now able to sense your feelings, if you are in danger or distress he will feel it immediately, is like an emotion detector..."

"Is sharing your soul" Taehyung muttered, a bit lost in his thoughts. Namjoon hummed, taking off his glasses.

"Indeed, alphas tend to get more possessive and overprotective. While omegas become more emotional and dependent" Namjoon explained with a smile, thinking of his own soulmate and how whiny and needy sometimes he becomes when he needs his alpha attention. "Also, is impossible to be apart for too long from your soulmate, we feel the urge to be with our mates... like a matter of life or death" the alpha chuckled making Taehyung smile fondly at him.