13: Lucky Girl

Taehyung was quick to turn around and see who was knocking on the window. Namjoon was looking at the boy with a frown. Jeongguk gulped when he saw the man outside not looking exactly at Taehyung but at him, like he was a demon.

The omega scrolled down the window with an apologetic smile.

"Hyung... I was just"

"Jeon Jeongguk?" Namjoon asked, the frown still plastered on his face.

Taehyung gulped surprised, he turned to see his boyfriend who was just smiling awkwardly at the older alpha.

"Y-yeah, and you must be Kim Namjoon," the alpha said remembering the photo he saw of him and the name from his mother.

Kim Namjoon, the creator of the lovegen app.

"Yes, that's my name" Namjoon responded, eyes still glued to the pure alpha blood next to his younger brother. Yes, he thought of Taehyung as a little brother.

Taehyung noticed the tense atmosphere forming around them and cleared his throat, the least he wanted was for Namjoon to make Jeongguk uncomfortable and hate him.

"Bye Guk, I'll text you later," Taehyung said furrowing his eyebrows.

Jeongguk nodded watching how the omega opened the door and got out of the car. The alpha waved goodbye to his boyfriend and bowed lightly to the other alpha who was still eyeing him suspiciously.

Jeongguk wasn't surprised at all it was shocking the fact that Kim Namjoon didn't say anything disrespectful to him after what his mother had probably done to him. He didn't know exactly what had happened between their families, but he knows his mother very well, and if she was capable of using her son, he could only imagine what she did to the Kims.

With a heavy sigh, Jeongguk watched Taehyung enter the coffee shop with Namjoon by his side, he started the car and drove away.

The first thing he needed to do was to go to a pet store and buy cat food. Then he was going to the park to feed the kittens. And last, he would have to endure a slow death while talking to his mother.

Jeongguk parked his car nearby a pet store to get his supplies for the kittens. Of course, after seeing so many cute things suitable for little Nochu he had to buy them, maybe he was biased but that little ball of black fur just got into his heart. Don't get him wrong, he did buy some pretty things for Bianca and Sally too.

He left the store as fast as he could, even when some schoolgirls asked him for pictures squealing about being able to meet the famous handsome Jeon's heir. Jeongguk was always polite to people, as long as they didn't invade his personal space.

He decided to walk over to the park, after all, he was just two blocks from there. Jeongguk sprinted to the park with ease. He felt a little nervous about the state of the kittens because he and Taehyung fed them on Saturday morning and it was already Monday past noon.

But when he entered the wooded playhouse, he felt his heart warming up at the sight of the three cats peeking cutely at their heads to see who was coming. Jeongguk smiled at them showing them the food, as one clue they started meowing and purring, especially Nochu who started caressing Jeongguk's thigh with his head while purring.

"Aw cutie, Taehyung does the same thing," Jeongguk said with a silly laugh. "Hungry? There you go" He filled the little cat plates with food and water.

Jeongguk played with the kittens for more than an hour. After he was done, he sent a text to Taehyung telling him the kitten was fed and happy and that he was their new bias. He laughed imagining Taehyung rolling his eyes at him.