29: Boys Don't Cry

Start from the beginning

In his head he repeated the events over and over again, each time he prevented the accident to happen and saved Taehyung. The door opened once again distracting him from his horrible thoughts.

"Hello, Jeongguk. I'm Doctor Park Seojoon" The handsome doctor came into the view followed by the same nurse and another elderly nurse. "I'm just going to check your vitals now..." he said while the nurses accommodate a machine next to his arms to take the pressure. "Can you squeeze my hand?" the doctor asked putting his hand in Jeongguk's hand who frowned but did as he was told. "Good... your motor is fine. Can you talk?"

"Yes... m-my throat is just dry..." Jeongguk explained.

"That's normal. After such an accident you're getting well really quickly. You'll be in good shape soon Jeongguk" the doctor said with a gentle smile, checking Jeongguk's legs and stomach. "Does it hurt?"

"Just a bit... I must be really drugged" Jeongguk tried to joke.

"Yeah, you are. We'll take you to a private room now so your friends and family can visit you. Try to rest some more Jeongguk" Doctor Park said with a courteous nod.

"Wait doctor... how is my boyfriend? What happened to him...?" Jeongguk asked again, grabbing the doctor by the wrist with all his strength to get his answers.

The doctor nodded starting to explain everything that happened to Taehyung. And Jeongguk felt like vanishing just after hearing his mate suffered blunt thoracic trauma, large blood vessel damage, broken ribs, and external injuries. He wished to be in Taehyung's place, to take all that pain away from his boyfriend and suffer it himself instead.

He didn't even notice the nurse adding some more sedatives to the serum, he just fell asleep while thinking about his omega.

------------------------

The next time Jeongguk fully woke up, his head felt clearer. It was already dark outside, the only light in his room was from a small lamp. He scanned the room with tired eyes. It was a single room with a lot of space until his eyes spot a familiar figure. His mother was there, sitting on a small leather couch in the corner of the room. He frowned and wonder how long she had been there.

"Mom?" he asked with a very raspy voice, once again his throat hurting and dry.

Chie lifted her gaze from her cellphone in alarm, not sure if it was because Jeongguk was awake or because he just called her 'mom'.

"Jeongguk, how are you feeling?" Chie asked standing from her seat to walk towards a side of the stretcher bed.

"As a truck ran over me" Jeongguk tried to joke, his usual smirk making his mother shake her head in almost amusement.

"Well a truck crashed against your car, Jeongguk" Chie said looking at her son with a scolding look. Jeongguk frowned, he didn't know what happened. He just felt the loud crash.

"W-what?"

Chie felt bad for her son, but she needed to tell him the truth, to make things according to her plan. "Yes, the driver died Jeongguk... and your boyfriend barely made it..." as the words left Chie's mouth, Jeongguk felt his heart sinking, a profound sorrow enveloping his soul. "Fortunately the driver tested positive at the alcohol test and the police assumed he caused the accident, but you were over the speed limit Jeongguk. You're also to blame. I had to pay a large amount of money to the driver's family so they don't present charges against you and your image can stay intact..."

Jeongguk looked shocked, he felt his body turning cold and his heart beating fast. Cold sweat appeared on his forehead and his hands slightly shaking. A man died because of him.... and Taehyung almost died because of him. He almost killed his soulmate and probably killed someone's else soulmate. Tears menaced him to fall from his eyes and this time he didn't stop them. Choking a heartbreaking sob he let the tears fall down his cheeks as he presses the hand with the needle of the serum against his chest, feeling so much weight in there.