61 : Peaceful Life

Time was flying by; Spring Break was almost over and Evangeline hadn't seen Trudy since Ryan's cursed birthday party

Eva knew Trudy practically ditched her despite being the ride of the night, yet Eva had to check up on her her bestie - and she also had to get her stuff back. Last time Eva forgot her jacket (which resulted in borrowing Zarek's leather jacket) as well as her Bring Me The Horizon album which was supposed to be a birthday present for the twins (but instead she had to give her second kiss to Raven.) Hopefully getting her things back would set everything on track.

When Eva reached Trudy's home, she was more than shook to see police cars parked up front and flashing their blinding lights. Mr Green was speaking with a detective, which accelerated Eva's heart. The front door was open so she hurried her steps and went in. She took the stairs since the elevator was occupied and she didn't have any time to waste - what if something bad happened to Trudy? Fear and anxiety soaked her insides, praying to dear god that all would be good.

When she got to Trudy's floor, she was so out of breath that she had to slow down her pace, which gave her enough time to overhear some muffles coming out of Trudy's room of her and some guy - thank god I didn't just barge in! So Trudy was fine, thank god. Right before Eva left and gave them privacy, she heard a hoarse voice she knew all too well coming out of her best friend's bedroom.

"I missed you," Zarek said, "I didn't mean what I did, give me another chance."

Eva's hazel eyes widened, all the color dropping off her face - what is he doing here and why does he sound so desperate? She opened the door just a tiny bit, enough for her to peak in and see what was going on.

"Get out, you piece of shit," Trudy hissed, pushing Zarek away from her, "You stabbed me in the back after I was the only one who helped you."

"I need you, Trudy, you're all what I have left." He was fine this morning, why is he acting so weak?

Trudy cringed, wicked eyebrows knotted. "You can't keep crashing here. I'm betraying Eva, I can't do that anymore."

Zarek's next words made all the air get sucked out of Eva's lungs.

"Didn't you want to destroy her? I know a perfect way."

Zarek plunged his body and hugged Trudy as hard as he could, crashing his lips against hers. Trudy lost herself in his touch and loosened her tense body, kissing him back and moaning in enjoyment in his mouth.

What Eva felt at that moment was beyond words. This is heartbreak on a new level. A single tear rolled down her freckled cheek as her clumsy feet tried to get her out of the horror in front of her. She backed away to run and accidentally knocked over a pot of flowers that was probably worth thousands of dollars. In normal scenarios, Eva would've felt extremely guilty for such a doing, but at the moment the broken expensive glass seemed like nothing compared to the damage in her broken heart.

The loud noise broke off the naughty couple, only then realizing the fact that they were seen by Eva.

As Eva ran away, not really knowing where, she heard someone following after her and calling her name, but she was too numb and hurt for her brain to listen. Eva ended up in Mrs Green's beloved garden, out of breath yet again. As she stopped to rest, the person following her caught up with her.

"It's not what you think!" Trudy rushed the words, out of breath herself, "I can explain."

Eva was suddenly overwhelmed with tears and sobs, finding breathing an impossible task. Yet, despite everything, Eva was still not heartless. She nodded her head, trying to contain her cries. "Okay then, please explain."

Trudy was baffled, dishonesty paralyzing her tongue as she didn't utter a word.

"That's what I thought." The saddest smile broke Eva's face. "I came here to see you and to get my things, and I end up with seeing you kiss Zarek - don't you hate each other's guts? Or is it mine that you hate since you want to destroy me!"

"No, it's not like that-"

"How long has this been going on?" Eva wiped at her tears, almost yanking her flushed cheeks off. "From the beginning? We were never friends then. You hated me the entire time."

Trudy bit her lip, eyes averted away. "Well, yes, but I don't hate you anymore-"

"I don't care!" Eva screamed probably for the first time ever, making Trudy flinch and zip her lying mouth closed. "Enough, Trudy. You're so fake and dark from the inside as well as from the outside. Mom was right, you're up to no good. We're over, Trudy, don't talk to me again."

Eva was storming away when Trudy called after her.

"Wait, what about your stuff in my car?"

Ugh, I completely forgot. Eva's self-esteem was telling her to just leave and never look back, but she needed her things; she couldn't afford a new jacket and that album was expensive. Once she got them, she hurried out of there before she weakened and started crying again.

She had no idea how to feel now that every person she once cared about was out of her life - Trudy, Zarek, Ryan, Raven, and probably Wendy soon enough - but at least she had Ashton by her side who seemed like a nice guy. She knew that once she sat down and analyzed the situation she would feel a lot differently, but at the moment she felt free and safe, strangely enough. No one is out there to get me.

Perhaps now that fake friends and abusive bullies were away for good, she would finally live the peaceful life she had always wanted.

last chapter in Eva's pov. i'm sad but also excited. wby?

only two chapters are left after this one!