35 : Chocolate And Cookies (1/2)

Song: idontwannabeyouanymore - Billie Eilish

It must've been days since the last time Trudy saw the sun.

Her enormous windows were covered with shiffon, egyptian curtains, her oak wooden door had been locked, and Trudy hadn't left that bed of hers not even once - except for the occasional visits to the bathroom. Trudy was glad it was the Spring Break and the middle of the week, since she didn't have to make an excuse as to why she was missing school and her parents were too busy to bother with her. Even Evangeline, who left her to rot in her misery the other day, didn't even bother with her like the last time she was in a similar condition - after the Spring Ball. Even Justin the bastard didn't even call her to apologize for what he did.

Zarek was right - no one gives a shit about me.

Trudy twisted in her bed, an indescribable pain crushing her insides. She felt something drip out of her and she cursed - the puking wasn't enough and now I have to endure my period too.

After a trip to the bathroom to use pads - because tampons were so overrated - and a quick change of underwear, Trudy opened her bedroom door and peaked her skinny diamond-shaped face in the corridor filled with exotic paintings and overrated antics. Her snaky, brown eyes caught sight of one of the maids and she - very rudely - called her over.

"Yes, Ms. Green?" The pretty maid who Trudy recognized as the girl who let her and Eva through the backdoor a few nights ago was fiddling with her black uniform, her tangled brown hair that was up in the worst ponytail Trudy had the horror of witnessing was the only bad quality about her which gave Trudy a sick validation of her worth.

Trudy was standing with the most confidence she had felt in days due to the power she held over the maid. "Bring me a cup of hot chocolate and cookies." Trudy bossed. When the girl just stood there, staring at the ground, Trudy snapped. "Are you deaf or what? Go and do what I said!"

The white girl flinched at Trudy's outburst, hurrying away. Trudy grinned, glad that she still had the power in her. She was about to regret her request of food when her guts twisted again. She needed to fill her stomach with something because having to puke air was worst than shrugging down shards of glass. Besides, it was her period that craved the chocolate, and the cookies were just for good measure.

Trudy was staring at the clothes in her walk-in closet. The racks were filled with numerous items from rare designer shoes to furry coats and leather jackets. Trudy always found comfort in those materialistic things, she always went binge-shopping whenever she felt down. Most of these things still had the tags on, not having the honor to be worn by the wicked Trudy for various reasons - being forgotten from Trudy's memory because they were too many, being too dressed up for Trudy's boring life, or being too revealing for Trudy's insecurities.