$ F I F T Y • O N E $

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure?" I questioned back, raising an eyebrow. "Of course, I am. Why wouldn't I be?" He asked back.

I scoff, giving him a judgmental look. "Do you really want to ask me that?" I grabbed my car keys from my purse before it was taken from my grasp. "What are you doing?" I exclaimed. "I'm going to be late, Ezio!" I tried to snatch back my keys, but he left out the front door.

I groaned as I followed him. "We're going to take my car." He offered, showing off his Lamborghini.

"We are not taking that," I muttered, finally snatching my keys back. "Why not?" He asked unbelievably. "Listen, I'm sorry, but you have to give me a chance—"

"—It's not about that." I interrupted, walking towards my Tesla with tinted windows. "I like my windows tinted and my car less flashy than a fast noisy convertible. This is a secret, remember?"

I unlocked my car before sitting in the driver's seat. "You have a lot to learn," I muttered underneath my breath.

"I heard that," Ezio replied sassily as he took a seat next to me. I rolled my eyes as I started my car. "You were supposed to."

~
August 31st, 2019
Manhattan, New York
Thirty-Fifth Week Pregnant

Third P.O.V

2:21 pm.

Vera hid within the curtains of her hair as Ezio's confidence was rising through the roof. The pregnant women were ogling at him with no shame, and he was appreciating the attention. Vera had to refrain herself from rolling her eyes. She was glad that the women weren't bold enough to confront the two.

She wasn't in the mood for any confrontation today.

Vera elbowed Ezio painfully before he let out a groan. "What was that for?" He muttered into her ear. This time, she didn't try to control herself. She scoffed then rolled her eyes, looking into his green eyes.

"What happened to being low-key?" Vera hissed with an attitude. "Do you want people to find out that this is your kid now?" She hastily grabbed a magazine, flipping through the pages without comprehending what was on them.

He smirked as his eyes were observing her mood swings. "I wouldn't mind."

She pursed her lips. "I wouldn't mind." She mockingly muttered under her breath. She flipped another page. This one caught her attention as her face was plastered across it. She quickly shut the magazine, anxious if any of the women had an idea of who she was.

"You're cute when you're angry," Ezio commented as he observed her.

"And you're annoying when you're. . ." Vera pauses, attempting to come up with an insult, but she was flustered with his presence. ". . .you!" She hissed. "Don't you have to heal over your last breakup? I don't feel like being your rebound." She muttered before her attention averted to her fiddled fingers over the magazine.

He leaned closer as his breath fanned the side of her face, arising goosebumps across her arms. She was thankful she wore a sweatshirt, not giving him a chance to gloat over the fact of her reaction towards him. "So you're saying there was a slim chance I could've gotten with you—"

She hit his shoulder. "—Just shut up. I don't need stress from you. I need peace and quiet and if you're not going to give me that then go to—"