$ F I F T Y • O N E $

Oh To Wish For Normality
~
August 31st, 2019
Southampton, New York
Thirty-Five Weeks Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

12:09 pm.

       I adjusted my purse, making sure I had grabbed what I needed for my doctor's appointment. I walked towards Xavier's bedroom before I heard someone's laughter. As I was about to knock on the door, the door opened. My knuckles were close to meeting Ezio's chest.

I pulled away. "Sorry," I mumbled, feeling embarrassed. He stepped aside as he gave me a small assuring smile. I brushed my hair away from my face as I made my way to the side of Xavier's bed. Noticing Aleksander standing aside his bed, I offered him a side hug as I greeted him

"Hey, Vee." Xavier greeted me as I leaned down to kiss his cheek. "Where are you off to?" Xavier asked as Ezio neared where we were. "Doctor's appointment for this little one," I reply, rubbing my belly.

"Everything all right?" Aleksander asked as he crossed his arms. I noticed he shaved his stubble. I'm glad he is beginning to care for his hygiene again. You could tell he was beginning to tidy himself up.

I nodded lightly. "Yeah, kind of. This little guy is supposed to have his head face downward, but there are some complications with that." I explained, sighing.

"What type of complications?" Ezio asked immediately, startling me because I didn't notice he neared me. I gulp, pursing my lips for a moment.

Before I could reply, Aleksander explained to me. "Towards the end, the babies rotate, so their heads face down. The head is supposed to come out first, so it doesn't cause any suffocation during labor."

My eyes widened before I chuckled. "Why do you know a lot of things like this?" Ezio asked, crossing his muscled arms. I licked my lips, averting my eyes.

Aleksander shrugged. "I spent too much time with Eva." He said, mentioning their older sister. "She forced me to read about it. Kinda scarred now though."

I looked at the time, sighing that I had to leave now. "I have to go now. Just wanted to stop by to say I'm leaving. Call me if you need anything from outside." I say, hugging Xavier.

"I'm assuming you're going to stay for the day?" I asked as I looked up at Aleksander. He nodded before saying, "I'm going to spend another night since it's the weekend. Is that okay?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, definitely. You're always welcomed, Alek." I smiled.

"Do you have anyone to go with you?" Aleksander asked, his eyes flickering between me and Ezio. I froze as my eyes followed his. I slowly shook my head as I clenched my jaw.

"I don't," I muttered as Aleksander's smirk grew. There's the old Aleksander we knew and loved. "Big brother, you should tag along." He suggested which caught Ezio's attention.

His puppy eyes fell on mine, the greenery causing guilt to grow within me. I took a breath in as I tapped my foot against the marble floor.

I knew I was going to regret this, but I agreed as I nodded. "Fine. Let's go." I said, feeling a bit annoyed as I walked out the door.

I heard heavy footsteps behind me before the door closed shut. I glanced behind, seeing Ezio catching up to me. "Are you sure?" He asked a bit too ecstatically.