$ F O R T Y $

Unveiling
~
June 5th, 2019
Southampton, New York
Twenty-First Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

6:19 pm.

       Leone hugged me from behind, kissing where my shoulder and neck met. My eyes cherished our figure in the mirror, appreciating standing in his arms. "You look beautiful," He murmured into my ear. I blushed, leaning up to kiss his cheek. His strong hands were cupping my belly which created goosebumps to arise over my body. She felt his hands and she enjoyed it.

Biting my lip, I smoothed over my white dress that hugged every inch of my body. For the invitees, I requested no one would leak online because it was a private event. I didn't have many close friends, but the people I chose to invite were considered family-friendly.

Walking downstairs with Leone's hand embracing mine, the chatter and music flowed into my ears as we were approaching where the party was being held. We wanted to take advantage of the warm weather in New York by keeping the event outdoor in my parent's backyard.

At this point, Leone was aware of who the father of my baby was. Leone wasn't sure how to react when I had told him. His widened eyes were unreadable, but he accepted like the person he was. When I was with him, he made me feel like a queen and he was my king.

Cheers erupted as we emerged from the mansion; congratulations were thrown my way. Everyone wore either pink or blue, to declare their belief on my baby's gender. Lilly, Cherie, and Leone were wearing all-white to stay neutral. I wore white because I wasn't sure if my baby was to be a boy or a girl. I was completely clueless.

My mother wore a baby pink dress that didn't match my father's tie for once. He wore a navy blue tie instead. He beamed as they walked towards Leone and me. He planted a peck on my forehead, grinning down at me before greeting Leone properly.

"My gosh! You two look beautiful together!" My mother complimented enthusiastically. "You guys aren't matching for the first time," I noted with a laugh. My mother rolled her eyes, scoffing. "Yeah. You're father and I aren't seeing eye-to-eye on this one." She answers, chuckling afterward.

Lilly and Cherie neared as my parents departed to greet other guests. She squealed as Cherie giggled at her excitement. "I am so thrilled!" Lilly had been chanting that for days, making me desirous for the results. I felt Leone rub my back, easing my nerves.

Norah and Luca were approaching from the corner of my eye. Norah styled herself with a royal blue mermaid dress as Luca wore a baby pink patterned dress shirt. They were those nonchalant couples that everyone wanted to be.

"I'm team boy." Was the first thing that came past Norah's lips. Luca scoffed. "No, it's going to be a girl. I'm sure of it." He stated confidently. They continued to bicker back-and-forth. "It's a boy! Do you want to fight over this?"

"You're the one who's opposing! I can't believe I wanted to marry you!" Luca shot back. He smirked as her jaw dropped. He laughed, chasing after her. He chanted that he was joking, but she turned her head the other way.

I giggled, looking up at Leone. "I feel like I'm tearing people apart." I murmured with a chuckle following after.

Xavier shyly followed Aleksander who swung his arm around me all of a sudden. He was wearing a pink shirt that hugged his body. Xavier wore the same color, but a Polo dress shirt complimenting his neat appearance.

"It's definitely going to be a girl," Aleksander says, smirking. I furrowed my eyebrows amusingly. "Weren't you saying it's going to be a boy last week?" Xavier claimed. Aleksander scoffed. "Okay, now I'm saying it's a girl." He says as if he's stating the obvious.