$ N I N E $

ATTENTION
~
January 16th, 2019
Los Angeles, California
Lilly and Vera's Apartment

Vera's P.O.V.

9:56 pm.

I unlocked my apartment door before picking up a few bags. I stepped aside for Xavier to step in before we all walked inside. I dropped the bags by the door before turning all the lights on.

Xavier began to look around the apartment. The open concept kitchen on the left side. The dining room and living room merged together on the right. Straight ahead was a hallway to our study and a guest bathroom before the staircase which leads to another three bedrooms upstairs; the two bedrooms occupied by Lilly and I which left the extra room for a guest.

The theme of our apartment was modern which was all white, a bit of color here and there but not as much as the white and black were. We decided to add a bit more homey feel to it by bringing our things from New York. I loved this apartment with all my heart.

I bit my lip as I tried to read Xavier's expression, but I failed. I couldn't tell what he was thinking as he walked slowly more into the apartment. I glanced at Lilly who had the same expression I had; a nervous one where we were biting our lips while we were fiddling our hands with something. She glanced at me and shrugged. I sighed before picking up the bags I brought in.

Lilly and I decided that we would go shopping for his essentials such as hygienic ones, clothes, etcetera. He suggested he wanted to go to a local store to get all his things. I felt terrible when he chose to go to a local retail store. I was thinking of going to a more expensive store, but that might overwhelm Xavier and that's the last thing I'd want to do.

"Come on, I'll show you your room and the bathroom," I said as I walked up to him. I waited for him to answer before walking up the staircase. He nodded.

I walked upstairs as I heard some clutter in the kitchen. Lilly must be washing the dishes we left earlier. Once I reached the top, I waited for Xavier. He met with a small loft before it led into a skinny hallway with three doors which were the bedrooms with their own en suite and walk-in closet. I walked into the first room on the left which was an empty guest room. I plopped the bags on the bed before facing him.

"You like?" I asked as he walked in, taking in all that I had to give him silently.

A bit too silently.

"So there's the en suite," I said as I pointed towards the bathroom door. "Next to it is your closet. You can put your stuff there." I added as I pointed to the door next to the bathroom one. "Your clothes are in this bag and all your hygienic stuff is in the other. If you want some extra towels, they're under the sink in the cabinet." I bit my lip as he stayed silent.

"If you need anything else, Lilly is downstairs and I'll be in my room," I said before giving a small smile before walking towards the door.

"Vera?" I heard Xavier call out. I turn around immediately as my heart dropped. "Y-yeah?" He gave a small smile which blossomed happiness within me. "Thank you." He hoarsely whispered. I threw a small grin before replying, "Anytime."

~
January 17th, 2019
Los Angeles, California
The Next Morning

Vera's P.O.V.