A Nightmare Shaped as a Dream

Charlie had kicked you out from the house to do something, she said it was a secret but you know what it was. Your birthday party. Honestly, the more you thought about it, the more lonely this one would be then the others. This party would be the first one without your mother, the first one without family for that matter, and you did not want to invite any of your other friends in fear of them disappearing as well.

This would also be the first without your dad, not that that was a bad thing. So much had happened this year to reflect on as you walked through the silent woods with Alastor probably lurking in the shadows somewhere to watch for danger near you. Sounds of birds singing and gentle breezes brushing its fingers through the foliage of the trees, high and low, above you.

You were impossibly thrown into the world of demons and angels in what seems like an impossible story from a child's dream turned nightmarish. A butterfly flew silently by your face, dancing with the light breeze on glossy wings of all colors you find in a arching rainbow. Gentle, warm sun beamed on your form as you walked, clad in a pair of black flats, high wasted dark grey skinny-jeans that ended just three inches above your ankles with a light peach blouse that was baggy on the bottom (that was tucked into your jeans) and the sleeves.

Children dream all the time about being saved by a handsome demon and being sweeper away by love into the woods to live with their prince. All that surrounded by almost dying from your dad, your friends disappearing, death, and watching a body bleed out before you. It was, truly, a nightmare shaped as a dream.

You stopped after a moment, deep into the woods now, and noticed the birds had stopped singing. The butterflies flew far away and the wind stopped. The once warm sunlight seemed to tremble its comforting heat until now it was gone completely.

You walked slowly, starting to walk back the way you came but you did not see a the path you took behind you. What was going on? You stood in place, thinking about which way you came; which was odd for you when you had a pretty good sense of direction. Should you call Alastor?

"Why would you d-do that when you are in n-no danger..?" A quite voice said from behind you. You jumped, twisting mid-jump, summoning your spear which appeared in your hand threateningly. The small demon flinched. She was a small demon indeed, with small ram horns and ears sticking from her head among lots of fluffy light blue hair. She resembled a small, human-like goat. (Like Razzle and Dazzle but blue and fluffier.)

The small think made a yelp when your spear appeared and ran behind a tree, leaving small piles of kicked up dirt and hoof-prints, "P-please don't h-hurt m-me!" Your grip relaxed a little, but you held your stance.

"What do you want?" You asked sternly, looking at the trembling goat with softer eyes then before.

"I-I just heard a-about your friend g-going m-m-missing and thought I could h-help... I-I'm a g-good t-t-tracker..." She said, shaking harder.

"How did you know about it and what will you get out of it?" You hissed.

"I just w-want s-someone t-t-to play w-with..." She paused, "And L-L-Lupus is in an u-uproar in h-hell so pr-pretty much e-everyone knows..."

"Just to play with?" You asked slowly, relaxing more when the small demon nodded, "And you can find her?" She nodded again.

"I know w-where s-she is too..."

"Okay, deal." You said, smiling softly and going up to pet her head, "I'm (Y/n)." Though you were still careful of this small demon, what harm could a small, jumpy, fearful one do? She leaned into your hand, your spear disappearing harmlessly and sat down to talk.

"I-I'm L-Lu-- Lilly."

~ ~ ~

It had been about an hour since you met Lilly and you choose to start on your way home (which Lilly helped you re-find) and set out with a simple goodbye. Did Lilly really know how to help Shannon escape? Is she okay?

Your eyes flickered from on tree to the next as you made your way through the woods, the sun, birds, and other animals you pass acted normal again. like nothing changed in the woods. When will you see Shannon again?