Friends from the Other Side

Edited on Sept. 27th, 2021

You waved from the porch as you watched Ashe and Maple farewell as they left the woods in which you lived, the demon in red (though still appearing human) standing behind you. As soon as they retreated down the road and towards their homes, you turned towards Alastor just in time to see his magic fade. The browns and whites turned black and red once more, his gaze lifting from your friends and falling down toward you.

"Sooo," You started, putting your hands behind your back as he led the way back home, just a few paces in front of you. "When will your guests be coming? I need to make sure that everything is cleaned again." You added, thinking back to the mess that you and your friends must have made.

"Any time that she can, the princess of Hell is a very busy person you know, dear~," Alastor responded with a chuckle, smiling widely still. At his words, you grew visibly confused, making the demon beside you chuckle at your bewildered expression. It took you a moment or two, walking beside him silently as the ambient sounds of the forest rang in your ears. Surely you had misheard him, right? Why would a princess come and see you here? How did Alastor know her?

"Wait what?" You asked loudly after a moment or so, revamping the questions on your mind as you abruptly stopped. His words finally hitting you as he slightly turned to look at you over his shoulder. He chuckled once more at your reaction, pausing as well so that you wouldn't fall behind.

"That's right, my dear! Demon royalty! Charlie, as she goes by, is currectly running a hotel for us sinners in a rather foolish attempt to redeem ourselves! Though, lately the numbers of curious demons have risen quite a bit, much to our delite! And I as her sponcer, go down to see how it's going from time to time, and assist her with her tasks!" He chirped with a laugh, giving you the feeling that this was another one of his entertainment deals. 

"And, while assisting her recently, your topic came up! Though, she can't get into this world with a simple snap of her fingers, she has to be summoned! And, that, my dear, is a small problem you can solve as well!" His words made you shiver slightly, his grin never faultering as he watched your nerves tie themselves in knots.

"Like what...?" You asked softly and hesitently, looking from the grass up to the demon's face, fanding yourself even more worried when his grin widened. Did that deal disallow him to sacrafice you? 

"Nothing too bad, my dear, I assure you!" He chirped once more, flashing his sharp, yellow teeth as he spoke. Summoning his cane, he held it behind his back as he started to walk again, knowing full well that you'd follow in suit. After a moment, you quickened your pace to keep up with his longer strides, your mind still wreeling at the thoughts about a summoning.

~~~

Soon after you and Alastor had reached home, he had headed into the back yard in order to gather the stuff you needed for the summoning. Meanwhile, you had chosen to keep yourself and your mind busy, trying to drown out the idea of the deer demon using you as a means of summoning. Going up the stairs and into your room, you changed out of your school uniform and into something a bit better suited for around the house. Or, at least, you were going to.

After thinking about the princess of Hell coming up to pop in, you had ended up chosing something a bit nicer. A dress that you had found in your closet which was colored a simple white color, but would look elegant on your form. Small (f/c) flowers hemmed the bottom of the skirt, small green leaves peeking out between the petals.

After that, you had took to the library to read and clean up after the slight mess that you, Ashe, and Maple had ended up making this morning. You had to admit, dispite reading a book that you found quite interesting, you found yourself still worrying over the summoning. You wondered if it was done like it was in the movies: blood, screaming, and fire. You really hoped that you weren't going to be the sacrefise you were starting to think you were going to be.