The Victorian Man Cloaked in Red

Edited on Sept. 22nd, 2021

Your eyes scanned over your new dress in the mirror, your (h/c) hair now dried from your bath and put up loosely in a bun using an extra white ribbon you found in the bathroom. The cuts and such that once littered your form, now gone without a trace. Not even a general redness or scar left behind by any of them, much to your shock. You walked over to sit on your bed, the soft sheets fluffing up under the touch of your legs.

Playing with the cardstock tag in your hand once more, you looked over the note from your mother in silence, frowning sorrowfully down at the wording with an ache in your heart. Thinking about your past life, the life that you lived only a few days before, made it seem all the more far off. The late evenings watching movies with your mother, playing with your now dead dog, waiting for dinner to be finished while sitting at the table talking with your aunt. You let out a soft sigh of sadness, the warm breath leaving your lips silently before you heard a rhythmic knock at your door.

The sound alone was enough to make you jump harshly, the bed creaking under you loudly for a moment as you craned your head to look over at the doorframe. Was it your father? Had he found you finally? Getting up ever so slowly, trying not to make a sound, you cringed when the floor creaked under your feet. With a quickening heart rate, you reached over and grabbed a large, brass candlestick and hid it behind your back as you slowly opened the door. 

After catching a glimpse of red, you took no time to miss a swing at the strange figure, who you could only assume to be your father, still covered in blood. But, you found yourself shocked when the item was stopped by the arm of a red-haired male. He wore a red blouse with white stripes with matching pants: white with red stripes. A black bow was tied around his neck, and two large red eyes looked down at you from above a large, sharp-toothed grin. 

"My my, jumpy aren't you, dear? You've got a good swing, though it needs some polishing," The male spoke, which you noticed to be the voice you heard from in the Game Room. The soft sound of jazz music drifted into your ears as you paused for a moment. Dear? Deer? As he spoke, he held out a hand to you smoothly, bending down slightly, causing you to notice the two large hair tufts and small stick-like antlers upon his crown. Wait a moment.

"Alastor...?" You asked softly, softly lowering the makeshift weapon you had help against his arm still, the almost golden surface reflecting the striped sleeve that clad his slender arm. Your eyes searched his for what felt like forever as you spoke, (e.c) flicking from one half-lidded eye to the other.

"Ah!" The demon exclaimed in a pleasantly surprised tone, "I see you're already familiar with my name, how lovely!" He chirped as he watched you take his still out-stretched hand in your own. The red and black leather glove contrasting your own (s/c) one. That grin made you a little nervous still, all those rows of sharp, yellow teeth flashing in the light at you, but alas you didn't let yourself falter. Doing your best to give him a smile of your own, you felt him shake your hand once firmly, though not painfully so.

"Alright then! I do believe that we have a few things to discuss, your school situation, for example?" He prompted with a raised brow, softly letting go of your hand now as you let out a soft gasp. You had forgotten all about your school life. How could you not with all of this death, though? Honestly, it hadn't been something on your mind since your father's actions or learning that demons are, in fact, real. But, you supposed that you would still need a way to seem normal in the public eye-- and become a successful person in the near future. After all, this was your Senior year. Lucky for you, although, it was Saturday-- though that also meant you had missed Friday AND Thursday. Guess you would have to make some sort of excuse up, hm?

"Oh yeah, I forg-" Alastor cut you off with a line of his own, seemingly not having heard your start of an answer.

"A speaking of! That dress hasn't looked so good on anyone since the Victorian Era!" The demon said with that same grin, it has not left his face this whole time. He let out a hearty laugh soon after, placing a hand on his chest as he tilted his head back slightly to add to the already dramatic action.