5

"What have you...? Ha. Then we continue!" Eddie announced, a teasing tone surrounding his voice.

Waylon bit his lip, looking around frantically for some bandages. He needed to stop your wound from bleeding any further.

You still had bandages in your pocket, but not enough to wrap around your wound.

"Gotta keep going..." Waylon mumbled, eyes rumbling with mixed emotions. His back screamed in pain as he walked forward, but the task of keeping you safe kept him going.

If he never made it out, you would be directed to Lisa and his boys. The thought soon came to him as he remembered your last name, his wife has a friend of the same last name.

He put two and two together.

Waylon took a left, hoping that the journalist he emailed stayed away. It would be better that way, in the end. But at the same time, he wanted your suffering to come to life - to see exactly what Murkoff has done.

He regretted not helping Eddie the minute their eyes met again. Blood caked his face in multiple places, making Waylon's guilt flare up immensely.

But he continued on, for your sake.

There was a trail of blood on the floor, with no other routes to safety Waylon decided to follow it - being careful with how fast he moved to avoid making your wound worse.

His mind traveled back to the journalist - what was his name? Right. Miles Upshur- and he still felt mixed feelings with sending that email. He'll have to forget it for now.

"Wha- where the hell am I?"

Your voice came out as a whisper and Waylon's eyes widened as you came to.

"(Y/N), you feelin' alright?" He questioned, looking down at you as he entered the next room. Darkness overwhelmed him, and he struggled to take his camcorder out of his pocket.

You huffed. "I'm fine. But put me down already, it obvious that you need to take out your camcorder."

Waylon bit his lip, setting you down carefully on your feet. He quickly apologized when you scowled out of pain, and allowed you to lean on him as he walked.

Taking out his camcorder, Waylon quickly turned on his night vision and moved forward. He continued following the blood trail, despite you voicing your concern.

You didn't really like following blood trails, especially in a place like this.

"That part of you the world sees, they think it's perfect. As God intended. Even these idiots and lunatics see it,"

Waylon mentally yelled out in surprise just as your eyes narrowed at Eddie's voice.

The man walked past, following the blood trail that you and Waylon did previously.

"There's something special about you. On the surface." Eddie chuckled softly.

Waylon grit his teeth, opening a locker and pulling you inside - not before closing the door after he got in.

The two of you were situated face to face, backs pressed against the rusting wall. Your eyes looked down as you bit your lip. "Waylon... I-I'm scared."

Waylon sent you a sympathetic look.

"So, you're going to make me fight for it you minx~?" Eddie purred, his face entering Waylon's vision.

"Don't find us, don't find us, don't-"