2

Waylon made sure to protect you the best he could, pushing you out of the way when a Variant sent a punch in your direction, and letting him take all the hits.

He rubbed his head with a pained sigh.

"You okay?" You asked him, raising an eyebrow as he continued to rub his head. You started to feel bad for him, he's taking all the hits for you after all.

Waylon smiled softly, rubbing his head one last time. "I-I'm fine... I swear I am." He replied.

You didn't hesitate to give Waylon a pointed look, sighing as you rummaged through your pocket. With a soft hum you fished out a roll of bandages, ignoring your friend's protests.

"But (Y/N) I-"

"Waylon please!" You snapped, grabbing his arm and forcing him to sit down. Waylon wouldn't let you go anywhere near his head, despite it being completely obvious to you that that was the place that was hurting the most.

In the end you managed to wrap his arm in bandages, still sad at the fact that you couldn't wrap his head.

"If you're done being stubborn," You stated, putting your bandages back in your pocket. "What's the plan now?"

Waylon picked at the bandages on his arm for a bit. "Heard a couple of people talk about a working radio. We can use it to get the hell out of here!"

"Lakeview 911, what's your emergency?"

A smile crept upon your face as Waylon opened his mouth to speak. It almost felt like a dream, despite you being transported here today. You grown accustomed to the feelings here quickly.

As quick as your sense of joy had arrived it was whisked away as a man grabbed the radio from Waylon's hand, elbowing him in the face.

His weapon connected to your stomach, sending you flying to the ground. Your body throbbed again as you watched as the radio was destroyed.

"Go!" Waylon shouted at you, attempting to get you to go and leave him behind. You shook your head, moving towards him and helping him to his feet instead.

Your (e/c) and green eyes glanced at him. "How about no?"

A bat connected to your face, red liquid flying out of your nose as you fell back to the ground. "Fu-" You stuttered, arms flailing around as you tried to push your assailant off your body.

Waylon screamed your name running forward and tackling your assailant to the ground. Your chest heaved, turning your head to obverse the current fight.

The two of the rolled around like a fight between two cats, and you had to move out the way to avoid being hit.

BOOM!

Waylon looked up, brown eyes widening in a mixture of fear and surprise. "G-Get the fuck off me!" Your assailant growled, pushing the blonde man off of him.

With a last look in your direction his lips curled into a scowl. "Do me a favour Mr. Park, Miss (Y/N)... lay here and die." He spat, before running off.

Waylon sighed, helping you to your feet and giving you a once over. "You okay? You took quite a beating there..." He spoke softly.

"I'm fine 'dad'. Though I suppose you should hide though." You responded, chuckling as the door behind you exploded open - causing Waylon to slightly yell.