4

Waylon glared at the man as he walked past.

"I'm sorry did I frighten you?" The man questioned, a hop in his step most likely. "I'm awfully sorry, I didn't mean to."

His voice rang out above the silence, Waylon's body going rigid as he looked around in anticipation.

"We've met before haven't we? I know I've seen your faces..." The man muttered under his breath.

You and Waylon exchanged quiet glances.

"Maybe... just before I woke up. Though it seems like a dream now. Being here with you."

Your eyes looked around, catching a glimpse of a ghost floating near you. A smile grazed your lips.

"Hey," You called out softly, unable to move since Waylon grabbed you earlier. Chocolate brown eyes shakily looked in your direction.

You chuckled at this, moving your arm so you could pat Waylon's arm. "We'll make it through this, okay Way?"

The blonde haired man stared at you for a second before nodding slightly. He felt stupid, looking scared in front of you. He wanted to look brave and strong, especially in front of a kid in this situation.

"R-Right..." He replied, mentally cursing at himself for stuttering.

"He's really persistent..." Waylon hissed, looking around the corner cautiously. The best way to get away from Eddie was the ladder above the elevator.

The blonde man sighed, looking down at the ground. This was a choice... but he wanted to try and find another way.

"There you are darlings~!" Eddie cried from behind you. His lips curled into a sadistic grin, making a beeline towards you.

With a fearful look in your eyes you pushed Waylon forward. "What are you doing!? Run!" You commanded with a growl, following Waylon as he jumped on the ladder.

You laughed triumphantly, your smile turning into a frown as the ladder broke from underneath you.

"No, no, no!" You screamed, letting go of the broken ladder and falling to the elevator below. A cry of pain escaped your lips as a piece of the elevator lodged into your leg.

Fresh tears dotted your eyes, and Waylon wasted no time picking you up to get you off your wounded leg.

Eddie leaned over, fear sprouting in his eyes as he seen your wounded leg (and Waylon hunch over in pain).

"Oh my god... are you okay?! Please tell me you're okay! I hate to think you're suffering without me..." Eddie trailed off, watching as you scowled at him through the pain.

His expression hardened quickly. "You would rather die than be with me?" Eddie questioned, eyes glaring into Waylon's own.

"Then... die."

The way you came was closed harshly, causing Waylon to shake his head disapprovingly. He took a step forward, feeling the elevator move underneath him.

You had fell unconscious from the pain, and Waylon swore that he would protect you even more from now on.

"I swear," He spoke, eyes electrifying with determination. "I'll protect you better (Y/N). I promise."