Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

She started baking.

》》》》》

Ian and Madisyn stepped into the house. The policemen had left since they took everything they could to forensics. For now it was closed to the public but they still had access to it.

The house was quiet. Very. Not a sound could be heard.

"Why is it that once someone is murdered in a house it begins to have this eerie feeling with it.", Ian said.

"That's because a soul left its body here. For all we know it could still be lingering around.", Madisyn said.

"Oh please, don't tell me you're gonna make this a horror thing now.", he said as he wore his gloves.

"What, you don't like horror?", she asked.

"No I don't.", he said.

"But you never said so anytime I called you to come watch with me.", she said.

When they were in New York, Madisyn had started this kind of tradition that whenever they solved a case he would come to her house and they would watch a movie. Whoever had gotten the idea that solved the case would be the one to pick a movie.

Ian was bad at picking because he would pick at least five and couldn't settle on one leaving Madisyn to choose for him.

"That's because it was you.", he said and she looked at him. They shared a moment before he spoke again. "Plus watching horror movies with you has its perks.", he said.

"Like?", she asked.

"You love them so much but you get so scared every time. Is there any horror movie we've watched that you haven't held on so tightly to me.", he said and she groaned out of embarrassment.

"Oh just shut up.", she said.

"Or wait is it 'cause you actually like doing that?", he asked and she gave him a flat look which he returned with a big grin. It took all of her not to return it.

"Let's just do what we came here to do. I'll check the room and you check here.", she said and left.

She entered the room and it was still the same. She gently started checking things, she didn't want to scatter things. She got to the drawers and started searching. She searched everywhere before she went to the closet.

She searched and was about to close it when a note fell from one of the jackets. She picked it up and read it.

Dear Robin, there are so many things I want to tell you. Well two things majorly

I'll start with the first which is my feelings for you. I don't know how passionate you feel about me but I know I feel something strong for you

It's more than the friendship I have with Miles or the one of a kind of sisterhood I had with Sarah. It's a lot more.

Anytime I see you even though I don't do very much, I always get this feeling in my chest and I can't stop smiling. Whenever Sandra publishes anything about you which is false 'cause it's never good, I get angry. I never told you this but I once confronted her about this, not that it matters 'cause it didn't change anything about her.

I couldn't have said this personally and I didn't just want to send it in a text. I don't know how you feel about romantic gestures but I do hope that whenever you read this, you would feel the same way I feel about you.