The Banquet

Gypsy was hard at work trying to make sure everything went perfectly for the benefit banquet. She hadn't given Lennox an answer. Neither did she forget about the poisoning conspiracy either. She tried to keep an eye out for their presence. "Are we all set for tomorrow?" "Yes." Gypsy chirped. "What are you wearing?" Gypsy was befuddled as to why Lennox cared about what she even wore. But Lennox was adamant. But Gypsy hadn't given it any thought. It's not like she had anything to wear to such an event. Lennox's face lit up with delight as she discovered the details. "We're going dress shopping!" Lennox sang. Lennox was thrilled to go shopping. They drifted in and out of stores. But after so many shops visited, Lennox was curious as to why Gypsy had yet to find a dress. Lennox had found four different dressed. She already contemplated wearing one of them to the Oscars. But Gypsy couldn't afford to buy anything at any of the upscale stores they went in to. Lennox gasped as she revealed that she intended to buy the dress for Gypsy. But Gypsy couldn't allow such a feat, it was too much. But there was no denying Lennox, she was woman on a mission and there was no arguing with her. But still Gypsy was resistant. Gypsy whined about the predicament she currently was in. Lennox was not to be deterred. "Fine... I'll pick." Lennox said with determination. Lennox found a dress she thought would be perfect for Gypsy. Lennox ushered Gypsy to try it on. Gypsy faded into the dressing room and struggled to weasel her way into the dress. She came out and presented herself to Lennox. Lennox covered her mouth in awe. She drew closer to Gypsy. Gypsy's heart stopped as Lennox was mere inches from her. "You are deadly gorgeous." Lennox gushed. Gypsy blushed and denied such a concept. "You are..." Lennox caressed Gypsy's cheek. "I could skate on the ice pond in your eyes forever." Gypsy held her breath. "Thank you..." Gypsy exhaled. Gypsy willed Lennox to kiss her. They stood there staring longingly into the other's eyes. Gypsy could only take in Lennox's beauty. Her beautiful taut skin, she pale blue eyes, her smile... oh that killer smile. "Lennox..." Gypsy whispered breathlessly. "Yeah?" Lennox replied just as breathless. "Is this the dress you want me to wear?" Lennox blinks a couple of times. She shakes her head and pulls her hand way from Gypsy's face leaving her skin cold from the absence. "It's perfect..." Lennox smiled warmly.

The next day was the banquet. Gypsy's nerves were a wreck. She prayed to the Gods for strength. Gypsy can't tell any one, she can't save anyone, she can't ask for help, so how was she supposed to protect Lennox? Everything else was going according to plan. Gypsy double checked her clip board as she looked around analyzing the current state of affairs. A voice came from behind her startling her. "You did a wonderful job." Gypsy knew that angelic voice. "Thank you Lennox." Lennox leans in and whispers close into her ear. "I'm glad I can count on you." Lennox takes a step back and she smiles and winks. Gypsy legs turns to jelly and one of her legs gives out. "Whoa! are you okay?" Gypsy pished the incident away assuring Lennox that everything was just fine. Gypsy attempted to give a convincing smile. "Maybe I'm working you too hard?" Lennox pondered. But Gypsy assured her that wasn't the case. "Okay... But tomorrow we will go do something fun. We are going to relax." Gypsy smiles as imaged of Lennox in scantily clad attire danced around in her head. "That's my girl!" Lennox smiles "Okay! I'm off to mingle." Gypsy watches Lennox fade into the abyss of the crowd. Taylor, Kellan, and Avalon found her. Taylor was curious as to way Gypsy was there. Kellen remised her presence not caring due to her lack of a threat as result of already being eliminated from the show. Gypsy told them she was helping Lennox with the event. A voice over the speaker diverted her attention. It was Cyrano announcing the opening of the buffet. Kellen darted off the get food from the buffet. Gypsy stopped Taylor and Avalon, she begged them not to eat the food. But Taylor and Avalon seemed set on it. "I'm starving!" Taylor hissed. "I'll buy you whatever you want as long it's not from that buffet." "Give me your card." "What?" Gypsy glared at Taylor in confusion. "We're starving... We'll leave and get food. But you said you were buying." She's right... Gypsy rummaged through her hand purse and pulled out her card handing it over to Taylor. "I promise not to let her go crazy." Avalon tried to reassure Gypsy. "We out!" Taylor announced. Heat overwhelmed Gypsy as she suddenly remembered that she needed to protect Lennox.