Difficult Dilemmas

The benefit Banquet kept Gypsy busy for the next few days. She was waiting outside for Lennox checking emails and responding accordingly regarding the banquet. Karen approached her. Karen informed Gypsy that her father wanted to see her. Gypsy was hesitant. She wanted to know what it was about. But Karen didn't have the answers she was looking for neither did she care. Gypsy went to the trailer where Cyrano Alton spent his time. Cyrano wanted her to have a seat. But her distrust outweighed her need to get off her feet. But he insisted. Cyrano brought up the Banquet and demanded she keep her distance and refrain from meddling. Gypsy challenged him. "And if I don't?" "I understand you have a crush on my wife." Cyrano's eyes narrowed onto her. Gypsy tried to deny it. "I could give a rat's ass about your petty crush or her fascination with you. You will stay out of my way or else." Cyrano said sternly. Again Gypsy challenged him. "or else what?" Cyrano smiles deviously. "I'll hurt Lennox." "You wouldn't!" Gypsy shot up in a state of fury. "She's you're wife!" "Don't test me!" Cyrano shouted as he stood up. "I don't care for my wife that much... Do we have an understanding?" Gypsy and Cyrano glared at each other filled with anger. "And if you apprise her of my plans you come across... I will hurt her." Cyrano sneered. "Don't try me child. If you tell her about this interface, Ill do something to her. And I'll do it in a way she won't tell anyone. But you will know... because I will be sure you see it and will know it's because of you. Are we clear?" Gypsy nods. "Good day Ms. Faze." Gypsy's heart dropped. What was she going to do? As she was leaving the trailer she hears two voices which she recognized. "You get it?" Said Hector. "I got a liter of it." replied Rome. "We will have to some how sneak it into the food at the benefit banquet." Said Hector. "Well that should be easy." Droned Rome. Now what was she really going to do? Gypsy went back inside the studio. she turned down the hallway where she normally waits for Lennox. Lennox's voice pierced through Gypsy's deep thoughts. "There you are! Where were you?" Gypsy stammered unsure what to say. Lennox smiled warmly, "You hungry? Because I'm famished!" Gypsy and Lennox went to a local café. They sit down after getting their food. Gypsy didn't know what to say, but it weighed heavily on her mind. She tried to bring up at least the topic of Cyrano, but Lennox wasn't keen on giving him the dignity of conversation. "That's a disaster waiting to happen." Lennox scoffs. "Then why are you married to him?" Gypsy said with a tone of annoyance. "He's too intertwined into my finances to go in peace. He won't go without a fight or a chunk of my life. I mean honestly... I think he'd rather kill me." Lennox chuckled amused. But Gypsy felt all blood drain from her face. Lennox swallows her laugh. "Everything okay?" Lennox inquired with concern. But Gypsy dismissed the notion that anything was wrong. Lennox wasn't convinced and looked at Gypsy skeptically. "Are you sure?" "Yea..." Gypsy said with faux determination, and she starts to drink her water. "Oh good..." Lennox continued "I was worried how you were feeling after last night." Gypsy swallowed her water and it went down the wrong pipe. Gypsy starts coughing and choking. "Oh dear! Gypsy! Gypsy! are you okay?" Gypsy was finally able to take a breath and nodded. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have done that." "Done what exactly?" Gypsy said with a curious look. "Well..." Lennox leans over the table and she whispers "Kiss you." "it's fine... totally fine." Gypsy squeaked. "No it's not..." Lennox said as she looked shamefully away. "It was out of line, and I sincerely apologize for it. Truth is, I really like you working for me. I don't want to jeopardize that." "What about in a couple of months when the contract is up?" "I was hoping... maybe you might stay? Especially if I paid you enough." Gypsy studied Lennox's sincerity. "I'll have to think about it." Lennox smiles warmly. "That's all I can ask."