Chapter 17: What Happened 20 Years Ago

[This is for you Zombicorn3000]

The Winx sat in the Alfea library. Well to be precise, Luna sat while the others searched the book shelves. Two days have passed since the events that transpired at Red Fountain and the Winx were on edge. No, the whole Magic Dimension was. The girls were once again searching the library for any information on their enemy when Musa gave a defeated sigh.

"Guys, we must have searched this place a hundred times. There's still nothing new about Zeref."

The girls all gave sighs and sat down. The pixies flew into the library and took up seats next to their bonded fairies. Luna smiled when Yuki took a seat on her shoulder.

"All these old books and nothing useful. Such a shame."

Luna gave a small chuckle at Yuki.

"Hey, Luna."

Said princess turned to face her fiery counterpart. She raised a delicate eyebrow, tucking a strand of white hair behind her ear as she did.

"Remember six days ago, in the Magic Archives, when you had the book on Elendors comet but you passed out?"

"Ugh, don't remind me. The book vanished after that."

"Do you think that, Zeref took it?"

Everyone froze and turned to Bloom.

"You think Zeref found a way on to Alfea grounds?"

"Yeah, Tecna, I do."

"Why would he want that book?"

"I don't know. But didn't Luna start feeling weird after that?"

Luna looked down to her lap and frowned.

"On the subject of weird, something happened when we were doing the convergence against the Trix. There was a sudden surge of power. It was incredible."

"You're right, Aisha, I remember feeling that too. But where did it come from?"

"...me."

The group turned to face Luna. The ice fairy slowly stood up, her palms pressing down on the table.

"I felt this strange surge of power overcome me. It was incredible. But I felt really weak after that. The same thing happened at Red Fountain, when I destroyed those ghouls. I felt a sudden increase in magic, followed by incredible weakness. But I first started feeling weird after Stella found that book on Elendors comet."

"You think it has something to do with the book?"

"Maybe not the book itself, but rather, what it's about. I scanned it and copied it after we found it. Let me bring it up."

Tecna pulled out her phone and projected an image of the book. The group all walked in closer to her.

"To sum it up, the book is basically about this witch named Elendor. She, to this day, was the most powerful witch to have ever lived. She put the last of her magic inside a comet the circles our solar system. It takes the comet 1,000 years to make a full cycle. It is actually going to be reappearing near us in eight days."

Tecna ended her little rant on an image on Elendor. Luna stared at it intently, looking into Elendors eyes, and felt a familiar dizziness overcome her. She felt her knees give out and began to fall. Aisha, who was to her left, quickly caught the princess. All the girls turned to the two as Aisha sat her down in the nearest chair.

"You shouldn't be standing so much Luna. You're stitches are still healing."

"I'll be fine. Really."