Chapter 9: Research On Zeref

Two days later~

The Specialist ship touched down on Alfea ground. The backdoor opened, letting the Winx walk off. After waving goodbye to their boyfriends, the ship left. The Winx all gave tired sighs. As they entered the building heading straight for Ms. Faragonda's office. Halfway there the sound of small wings flapping were heard. The girls turned happily to see their bonded pixies flying towards them.

"Bloom!"

"Lunaaa!"

"Oh, Stella!"

"Potota potota!"

"Musa, darling!"

"Hellooo Tecna!"

"Floraaaaaa!"

The Winx all laughed as they hugged their bonded pixies.

"When did you guys get back from Pixie Village?"

"Yesterday. It was so lonely without you guys."

Flora rolled her eyes at Chattas usual dramatics.

"It couldn't have been that bad."

The nature fairy spoke with smiling causing Chatta to giggle. The seven fairies and pixies continued down the hall, talking amongst themselves. When they reached Ms. Faragonda's office, Aisha knocked before opening it. They all entered to see Faragonda sitting behind her desk. She appeared to have been in deep thought before they arrived. They all took their seats with the pixies hovering nearby

"Girls, as you are aware it appears our new enemy is Zeref. He is an enemy of mine from long ago."

Everyone leaned in closer.

"Zeref was bent on total control of the Magic Dimension. He believed that for their to be peace, only one could rule. It took the combined forces of the King and Queen of Crystalia and the company of light to challenge him."

"That's one strong line up."

"Indeed it was, Musa. Zeref had dark magic unlike any other. It's like he could control the very life around him. Everything was at his mercy."

"How did you lock him away?"

Flora questioned, her voice wavering ever so slightly. Faragonda turned in her chair, now facing the window.

"We didn't."

The girls and pixies all gasped in shock.

"He, for some reason, took mercy on us. It was in our final battle against him on Crystalia."

~Flashback
20 years ago

A loud explosion went off in the west wing of the frozen palace. Marie Crystal gave heavy coughs as she struggled to stand. Her husband, Elias, ran over to help her stand. Marion and Oritel, their longest friends, quickly joined them. Faragonda, Griffin, Saladin, Hagen, and Erendor all ran into the room breathing heavy.

"We finished off the last of his minions. Where is Zeref?"

Faragonda asked. The four royals simply turned their attention back to where smoke was coming from. They all stood, ready to fight.

Out from the smoke stepped Zeref. The man held a small black book in his right hand as he gave a yawn. When he glanced up to see the Company of Light, he smirked and closed the book, placing it in his back pocket.

"Now that the gang is all here, we can finally get this party started,"

He took a deep breath and cracked his neck slightly. His one eye turned red and smoke spun throughout the room, forcing the group covered their eyes. Zeref removed his eyepatch to reveal his other eye was also red, but had a skull in the pupil. He raised his right hand and brought them off the ground. They all gasped in pain and shock.