Joffrey Baratheon X Stark!Reader - Timber

Start from the beginning

"You can't wear that," you chuckled, shaking your head as you continued to survey his outfit.

Joffrey looked a little offended by your statement as he glanced down at himself. "Why not?"

"You're kidding right?" you uttered, your eyebrows pulling together as he looked up at you. "Everyone will know who you are if you turn up looking like that," you added with a smile.

He released a small sigh, frowning at you. "Then what should I wear?"

You shrugged slightly as you moved over to his wardrobe, pulling it open to look through his clothes. You pursed your lips as you worked, flipping through the clothing so effortlessly that he couldn't help but stand and watch you. "Have you got anything more casual?" you finally uttered, turning to face him with a hand on your hip.

"Not really," he started, looking a little lost as he attempted to think. 

You hummed, biting down on your bottom lip as you tilted your head back to look up at the ceiling. "Robb might have something that'll fit you," you murmured softly. "But if I ask him he'll want to come with us; Theon too."

Joffrey looked as though he was considering that thought for a moment. The idea of his time with you being crashed by your brother and his best friend was a little intimidating, even to a Prince. But if he didn't change clothes you wouldn't be going anywhere. "The more the merrier," he uttered, and your smile came back full force. 

"I'll be back in five minutes with a change of clothes and two idiots in tow," you chuckled as you moved towards the door, sending him a quick wink before disappearing out into the hallway. 

You had been right. Five minutes later you came striding back into his chambers carrying a bundle of clothing and with Robb and Theon hot on your heels. 

Both boys let out a snort of laughter when they looked over at Joffrey, eyeing up his outfit. "Were you really going to go out wearing that?" Theon chuckled, not even attempting to hold back as he spoke to the man who would one day become his King. 

"Don't be mean," you bit back, glaring over at him as you placed the new clothes into Joffrey's hands. "He wanted to look nice for me; there's nothing wrong with that," you added, grinning up at him for a moment before taking a quick step back towards your brother. "Go change," you added softly, hearing Theon let out another short chuckle behind you.

Joffrey did as he was told, disappearing behind the room divider to give himself some semblance of privacy. As soon as he was out of sight, Robb turned to frown down at you. "I can't believe you were going to go running off into town on your own," he mumbled, quietly enough that your betrothed wouldn't be able to hear him from the other side of the room.

" I wasn't on my own," you uttered back, rolling your eyes at him. He had always been an overprotective older brother, and usually it didn't bother you so much; he wanted what was best for you.

"Yeah, because Prince Charming would have been tons help to you if something bad had happened," he grumbled and you shot him a glare.

"Stop it," you growled at him, silencing him as soon as he looked down at you to see the stern expression on your face. "He's going to be my husband and I won't have you being so mean about him," you added, and Robb gave a short nod, just as Joffrey stepped out from behind the screen. 

He had never looked so uncomfortable before. Completely out of his element and a little lost as he looked to you for some sort of comfort. "Does it look okay?" he uttered, and you felt a smile pull at your lips as you moved over to link your arm through his.

"It's a bit big," Theon chuckled, watching as you shot him a glare.

Your face softened as you looked back up at your betrothed, a sweet smile on your lips. "It looks perfect," you started softly, patting his hand lightly. 

*Time Skip*

Walking into the tavern had been interesting. Robb and Theon were easy to spot, they came into to town more often than anyone else from Winterfell, but you and Joffrey managed to blend in a little more effectively. As soon as you walked through the threshold, you took his hand in yours, leading him over to a table in the corner and pulling him into the seat next to you. 

"It's so loud," he murmured beside you, watching as you leant in to hear him over the music and the roar of laughter coming from the people dancing and drinking. 

"Exactly," you called back, you hand landing on his leg as you grinned at him. "It's fun," you added with a light chuckle. 

Theon came back over to the table a moment later with three cups balanced awkwardly in his hands, and your own hand retreated back into your own lap. Joffrey found he was disappointed by that. He found that he enjoyed having physical contact with you, even when it was just an innocent touch like that had been. 

"Ale," you told him, reaching forward to take two of the cups from Theon's hands and placing them onto the table. He took one of the cups, sniffing at it. His face wrinkled up at the smell. It was intense and thick and it filled his nose for far longer than he hoped it would.

"I drink wine," he uttered, and you let out another light laugh. 

"No one drinks wine in here," you corrected, patting his knee lightly under the table. "Just try it."

Joffrey brought the cup up to his lips and took a sip, his face contorting in disgust as he placed it back into the table. "That's disgusting," he started, causing you to snort.

"You'll get used to the taste," you told him, bringing your own cup up to your lips and taking a deep swig.

It wasn't long until you were swaying along with the music, watching on as people danced around the floor. The smile on your lips now was a longing one. The boys never wanted to dance with you. Robb was always too busy flirting with some pretty girl at the bar, Theon didn't dance, no matter the circumstances, and Jon wouldn't dare set foot in a place like this. Instead, you would just sit and watch as other girls got swept off of their feet and onto the dance floor.

Joffrey had been watching you for most of the evening, instead. The way your eyes followed the people so perfectly had him entranced, and he couldn't seem to draw his attention away from you. 

Soon enough, you had noticed his gaze on you, glancing over at him with a sweet smile. "What'cha looking at?" you murmured, watching as his eyes widened with the realisation that he'd been caught.

"Nothing," he started, causing you to chuckle.

"I think you were looking at me," you uttered, leaning your chin in your hand.

His tongue darted out to wet his lips, and he swallowed deeply as he attempted to think of something to say. "You're easy to look at," he told you, causing a proper laugh to burst out of you. "That's not what I meant. It's just that-" he paused for a moment, watching one of your brows quirk with curiosity "- you're so pretty."

"Thank you," you murmured, leaning in to press a kiss to his cheek. As you pulled away you saw a smile come to his lips, something you hadn't seen too many times since you'd met him. And then his hand was on your cheek, drawing you into a proper kiss. It was sweet, the way his lips moved against yours ever so gently, as if he was worried that you would pull away from him at any moment.

As you separated, your cheeks tinted red and a little breathless, you released a small chuckle. "I hope that was alright," he started, and you reached out to brush your hand over his bottom lip lightly.

"It was perfect," you told him, your voice sweet and soft. 

It was like something in that kiss had changed him. With a burst of confidence, he took your hand in his as he stood. "Come and dance with me," he exclaimed, and you were on your feet a moment later, allowing him to pull you over to the dance floor.

You spent the rest of the night dancing together, moving along to the music. And as he walked you to your chambers that night he had kissed you again, leaving you absolutely breathless as you fell in love with him.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x