Robb Stark X Baratheon!Reader (-Requested by @Cherie578)

A/N- This imagine is for Cherie578, I made a few little changes at the end, but it mostly follows the outline you gave me. I hope you enjoy it. Also, it's super long, so it took me a while to get it finished, sorry.

Pawns in a man's game. It's all you had been from the day you were conceived, and it was likely to be your role until the day you died. That had always been how highborn women lived, and being the niece of a King had never changed that for you. Deep down, you had always hoped that your father would become somewhat liberal in his beliefs; he would allow you to marry, when you decided you were ready, to someone you loved. But you had been mistaken, and his love of Eddard Stark had won out, trumping his love for you.

The day your father had told you that you were to marry Robb Stark was the last time the two of you had spoken. No, that wasn't quite correct. It was the last time you had spoken with your father, though he had spent much of his wittering on about how lovely the Stark's were, chewing your ear off with his stories of war with his old friend. The journey to Winterfell was a frosty one; both in temperature and atmosphere.

When you arrived in your new home you were greeted at the gate by your betrothed's entire family, all lined up as though they had taken root there, growing as the crops grew in the fields, destined to stay in one place forever. Soon enough, you thought, you would take root beside them; you would spend the rest of your life craning your neck in search of the sun, in a desperate hope that it would return to the grey north. You glanced down the line of people as the door was pulled open, and your eyes landed on the two girls, one fidgeting in a rather uncomfortable fashion as the other stood completely still. They would be lucky, you realised, they were destined to leave this awful place when it came time for them to marry.

"Eddard," you father called out, stepping past you and out of the carriage. Lord Stark was everything you had expected; rather average in his appearance, but with a kind face, one which now was lit up with a glorious smile, aimed at your father.

"Stannis," he answered, his voice softer, and far calmer than your father's, "It's been far too long."

Your father began to rattle on, speaking of your journey, and the weather, and anything else his mind could clutch at. He had been on the road for weeks, and the best he could come up with was talk of the weather. "And of course, you must meet my daughter," he finally spoke, gesturing you to step out of the carriage and onto the stone floor of the courtyard. You fixed a smile to your lips as you crossed the distance between your safe haven and the Lord of Winterfell, pausing when you reached him.

"It's an honour, My Lord," you announced, your voice clear and crisp, each word perfectly formed as it dripped from your tongue.

"Please call me Ned," he started, "after all, you are to be part of the family soon."

You nodded a short and sweet gesture that allowed you to remain silent.

The conversation moved on, your father steering it towards past friends, and enemies, and Ned began leading him inside the keep, allowing for his wife to approach you. "It's lovely to meet you, My Lady," she started and you simply smiled and nodded as you watched your father disappear around the corner.

"The same to you, My Lady," you uttered softly, your eyes finally falling back to her. "Would it be possible for me to retire to my chambers for a while? The road doesn't agree with me as it does my father, and I'm in dire need of some rest."

She nodded, gesturing for her son to take a step in your direction. "This is my son, Robb. He would be honoured to show you the way." She was gone soon after the words left her mouth, with a slight bob to indicate a curtsey and a slight nod of the head; she seemed rather pleased with her not-so-cunning plan.