Robb Stark X Reader - Find Me

A/N- This imagine is based on the song 'Find Me' by Sigma and Birdy. There are mentions of rape and abuse, please do not read this if this is likely to have a negative effect on you.

The woods had always been the one place you weren't allowed to go. They were dark and dirty and dangerous, and yet they seemed to call to you. Ever since you were old enough to walk, your mother had told you never to go there. "There's an evil witch who lives in a cottage in the centre," she had told you one night as she tucked you into bed, "she eats little children." You howled with excited screeching when she growled at you, wiggling her fingers as though they were witchy claws.

She had intended to scare you, of course, to warn you off of venturing away from your home, but all she had done was encourage a deep urge to find the witch. You were quick, you were sure you could out-run some haggard old woman if needed. And so, the very next day you had wandered through the treeline, trudging down an overgrown path. 

It seemed as though no one had been this way for centuries. Brambles caught on your skirts, pulling tiny holes in the fabric, and dirt clung to the hem where it dragged on the ground. Your feet ached by the time you had reached the centre of the forest, where, to your horror, you discovered a small thatched cottage. There were holes in the roof, and the door hung open as though someone had broken in, and through one of the shattered old windows was an old woman, who smiled sweetly out at you. 

"Hello, Y/N." Her words caught you off guard, how on earth had the old woman guessed your name so easily? Perhaps she knew your mother and had noticed the way your lips curled like hers. Or perhaps she had seen the twinkle in your eye, that everyone had always told you had come from your father. 

"Hello," you answered softly, taking another small step forward as the woman continued to smile. 

"What is it you have come to me for?"

You went to answer, pausing for a moment. "Are you really a witch?"

The woman tutted, "what have those parents of yours been telling you," she exclaimed, shaking her head as she chuckled. "No, sweet child, I am not a witch." There was a silence as you continued to stare at her. "I am a fortune teller."

Your eyes went wide and you rushed towards her. "Tell me my future," you hurried out, standing on the other side of the broken window. "Please," you added softly.

She smiled down at you, and for a moment the wrinkles seemed to fade from her face, leaving her young and beautiful. A trick of the light, you thought, holding your hand out to her. 

The woman hummed as she took your hand in hers, turning it over and running a thin finger over the lines in your skin. "You will marry a King," she uttered, leaving your brows to furrow as you stared at her in confusion. "He will have a good head on his shoulders, a smart boy, a warrior. But he will be taken from you too soon, child." You remained silent as her finger traced the lines again. "Sweet girl," she murmured, dropping your hand quite suddenly, "I am so sorry." 

"What?" the word burst from your throat as she moved away from the window, moving into the darkness of the cottage. You followed after her, shoving the door open further and pushing your way inside. It was empty, bar a few pieces of shattered furniture, and you felt your heart sink in your chest.

*Time Skip*

Somehow, all of ten years later, you still had nightmares of what the woman in the woods had told you. She had sounded so pained at the end, as though she had seen something so heartbreaking that she couldn't bring herself to tell you. You would run through a different scenario each time, rolling them around your mind until you woke up screaming for your mother.