Robb Stark X Reader - These Streets

A/N - This imagine is based on the song 'These Streets' by Paolo Nutini. In this chapter, Robb wins the War of the Five Kings. It's a little bit short, but I hope you all enjoy it.

You had promised, when you had married Robb, that you would go wherever he would go. You would do your duty by him and go where he was needed. But when you had taken those vows, you had never imagined that you would be leaving Winterfell for good. Nobody could have predicted what had happened between the Starks and the Lannisters. And now, you were stuck in King's Landing, playing the role of the Queen. 

Part of you believed that you had hidden your hatred for the city well. You had always been a relatively good liar, even if you didn't particularly enjoy keeping the truth from the people you cared about. The other part of you wondered whether you were completely transparent about your discomfort at being away from home. Robb was one of the only people that could read you like a book, but he had been busy since coming to the capital, and you were almost certain he wouldn't have noticed any changes.

You were wrong. Of course you were. No matter how busy Robb was, he always kept his interest in you. At first, he had left you to your sadness, hoping that you would grow as fond of this city as you had with Winterfell. A few weeks later, it seemed that nothing had changed, and his heart hurt for you. It was then that he decided that he would have to act, to bring you joy in some way, rather than just allowing you to stew in your discomfort.

For the first morning since coming to King's Landing, you woke with Robb at your side. Usually, by the time you were getting up, he was already sitting in on court, attempting to get up to date with the backlog of work left for him by the old King. You smiled as you snuggled closer to you, burying his face into the crook of your neck and taking a deep breath. It was so much like home that, for a moment, you forgot where you were. If it weren't for the warmth of your chambers it could have been Winterfell.

"Good morning," Robb grumbled, shifting to settle onto his back and pulling you with him, causing you to let out a light chuckle as you caught yourself from face planting against his chest.

"Morning," you uttered, lifting a hand to run your fingertips over his bearded chin. "How did I come to be blessed with your presence today?" you added, watching as he opened one eye to peak up at you. 

He shrugged, pulling you down to rest your head on his shoulder. "I missed you," he told you, and you could almost sense the way he would be smiling, just out of your vision. "Missed spending time with you like this," he added, his fingers running up your spine. "It was about time I took some time away from work and I thought we could go adventuring."

"Adventuring where?" you murmured, shifting slightly to look up at him with narrowed eyes.

"Isn't the point of adventuring not knowing where you'll end up?" 

You pursed your lips as you watched him. "It was when we were in Winterfell, but here there is far too much danger to just go wandering around on our own." 

His smile faded as you attempted one of your own, failing to make it look genuine. "I know you don't like it here," he started softly, releasing a light sigh. "But I want to help you love it."

"I'll get used to it-"

"But getting used to it isn't the same as loving it. I want you to be happy here," he interrupted, and now your smile was gone completely.

You shrugged as you pulled away from him. "I can't force myself to love it," you uttered, wrapping your arms around yourself as he watched you, brows furrowed.

"Which is why I want to take you out today. You'll see that it isn't all that different to Winterfell," he paused for a moment, hand stretching out to rest against your leg. "A little busier, maybe," he added with a small chuckle.

"It's lonelier," you murmured, shaking your head. "People barely see each other here. Everyone knew everyone in Winterfell. They were friends."

Robb shifted to his knees, creeping closer to you and pressing his forehead against yours. "I know, Sweetness, and I miss it too," he told you, his hands coming up to cup your cheeks lightly. "I just need to know that you won't resent me for bringing you here."

"Oh, Robb," you started, pulling away from him to look into his eyes properly. He looked like a scared little boy all of a sudden, so caught up in his fears that he looked like he might burst into tears at any moment. "I could never resent you," you continued, shifting to pull him into your arms and pressing a kiss to the side of his head. 

You stayed in each others embrace like that for what felt like hours; your arms and legs grew stiff, and your back began to ache. Perhaps, you decided whilst you and your husband clung to one another, King's Landing didn't have to feel like home. Perhaps, with Robb, there was no need to tie yourself to one place in particular, because he had become your home.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x