Chapter Sixteen

"On second thought," Tremor said as a smile crossed his face despite his narrowing eyes. "Bring her to me, now."

"We're dead," Rango muttered to himself.

"It was the only way to keep the others safe." They heard Alice's voice mumble through the coms. "I admit that I panicked but what choice did I have?"

"Well... I will admit, Tremor, what you lack in actual skill in combat against one without powers, you certainly make up for in brains," Rango complimented Tremor aloud, ignoring Alice's voice over the coms. Tremor gave him a small laugh.

"You should have seen me when I was a younger man." Tremor said, turning back to Arrow. "Age makes the body weak but if your mind is strong, you can overcome that weakness."

"Yet the sword of youth can sometimes beat both strength and wisdom," Matt said, his eyes narrowed from behind his helmet as he started piecing together a possible plan. Tremor frowned at Matt before being tapped on the shoulder by a tall man.

"They're here." The man said. Tremor clapped his hands together with a smile.

"Bring them in!" He said. A bell hanging above the entrance rang before two men and a slouched figure with a sack over her head entered. The two men stopped in front of Tremor as they threw the handcuffed girl to the floor. Tremor removed the sack to reveal Alice glaring up at him.

"Welcome back!" Tremor said with a sickening laugh. Alice spat a drop of blood at his shoes. "Not happy are we?"

"You son of a bitch!" She screamed at him before looking at Reverse Volt. "And I'm not sure how I think about you yet."

"Hmmm.." Tremor said with a frown. "Now what should I do with her boys?"

"You could kill her," Rango suggested, earning a subtle glare from his allies and even a few surprised looks from the villains. "What?! It's an option, isn't it?"

"My bones are made of metal. What are you going to do? Shoot me in the head?" Alice snapped from under her hood.

"Find me a pistol or rifle of the right caliber, and that could work," Rango noted. "However, since you gave that detail away, it also reveals a more simpler way. Metal happens to be a conductor for electricity. Meaning, one good electric jolt at just the right power... you'd be fried from the inside out, and at a much faster rate than a normal person."

Alice made sure that she could see his hands before flipping him off and made the slightest gesture towards the Reverse Volt.

"How about y'all go die in a hole and leave this poor city alone." White Sparrow said. "You all are murderers and thugs! Each and everyone of you will rot in a cell."

"Ooooh, that's a lot coming from a girl who has murdered a fair amount of people and used to be a criminal." Tremor laughed before turning to Reverse Volt. "Maybe it's time to show her that we don't like those who stand in our way. Should you mind giving her a taste of what is to come? There's no need for her die, yet."

"And yet there's every reason for others to die, apparently," Rango grumbled. "Do we have to take a town with bloodshed?"

Reverse Volt grinned wickedly as he stood from his seat, silver lightning starting to crackle around his right fist as his lightning started charging up, the evil speedster raising his fist towards Alice as it did. Matt gritted his teeth as his fists clenched, feeling his own lightning starting to build up just below the surface of him, almost as if it were flowing through his blood. He stood, for the second keeping the helmet on still as he prepared himself for his next move. Alice looked up at the villain in horror as he came closer.