Chapter Nine

"What is your most embarrassing weakness?" Alice asked, before taking a sip of her coffee and scrolling through questions on her phone. She found a website called Truth Game for Heroes. Matt and Alice were taking turns answering the list to catch up. Matt raised an eyebrow.

"If I tell you mine will you tell me yours?" Alice laughed. Matt grunted.

"There was the time I tried running over an ice rink," He muttered. "Ice being my weakness, and combined with a slippery surface, you can guess what happened."

Alice laughed as she imagined Volt trying to run on ice. She gave him a 'Oh Lordy why did I agree to this face'.

"You actually did this to me once when we first starting fighting." Alice said flatley. "For some reason your lightning powers weren't working correctly and I only felt little shocks. It tickled soooooo much! Please NEVER do that again."

"Oh. You mean like this?" Matt asked, as under the table he stretched out his fingers towards her, letting the tiniest bit of Speed Force lightning arc off them and crackle along her leg. Alice burst out laughing, almost spilling her coffee.

"Stop!" She laughed, squirming in her chair. "Hahaha! Please! Hahaha! Stop!"

Matt grinned, letting the lightning flicker for a few more second before clenching his fist, extinguishing it. Alice let out a sigh of relief as it stopped.

"Please don't do that again." She tried to make a serious face but failed.

"Surely you remember just how much I enjoyed making you laugh, and how much I enjoyed hearing it?" Matt asked, smiling warmly at her. She smiled back.

"Ok but no more!" Alice laughed. "Next question, What was your worst defeat and best win ever?"

"Hmmm... worst defeat..." Matt said, leaning back in his chair to think. "Back after I first became a hero and became Volt, when the comics came out. You remember the second one where I faced Commander Ice for the first time?"

"Ya." She said. Matt smiled sheepishly.

"That was my worst defeat," He said, before continuing. "My greatest win however, was being reunited with you."

Alice gave him a big smile before saying, "Agreed, definitely the greatest win ever. Worst defeat is the little lightning strikes."

Alice scrolled down through the list and found another question. She smiled at Matt. "Out of all of the heroes, who is the hardest or worst to work with and why? Wow, whatever kid put this together definitely was going for the hard ones."

"Definitely Black Arrow," Matt said, grinning. "The guy has no sense of humor and is all business. Makes it hard to just have a good time while working."

"Really?" Alice laughed. "I thought he was only like that with me around. I have to agree with Arrow being the hardest to work with because I haven't worked with many heroes and I feel like he still doesn't like me."

"He doesn't really like anybody," Matt said flatly. Alice shrugged.

"Maybe that's just his cover?" She guessed. "Do you know him outside of hero work?"

"He's basically a real-life Green Arrow," Matt said. "Same story and all."

Alice gave him a blank look. "I really don't know anything about Green Arrow. I know Batman, Superman, and all of the Marvel characters."

"Basically kid from a rich family, dad shot himself in a boat, landed on an abandoned island, taught archery and survival in the wild for seven years by a rogue sensei, escaped the island to return here a changed man," Matt said in a matter of seconds. Alice suddenly felt bad.