Chapter Three

Spare ducked under several fences to get to the abandoned building that she called home. Well... it was more of a hideout for villains. Spare had lived in the abandoned warehouse for over a year now with some of the most feared villains to ever live. She entered the building, letting her wings turn back to normal. Two guards stood at the entrance.

"Should I tell Doc that you are coming in again." A man said in a raspy voice.

"I can take care of myself." Sparrow snapped at him. "It Tremor here?"

"He just left but he'll be back in a bit." said the second. Sparrow nodded at them and entered through the massive doors. Inside was completely packed. The first floor was full of workstations. The second floor was for meetings and the third was full of sleeping spaces. Sparrow flew up to her 'room' and rested on her bed.

"Just act normally." She whispered to herself. Since she had won the trust of Tremor, she had her own room and area to work. Spare looked over the news papers that she had lined along her walls. All of them were articles of how Volt had beaten her. How she was a villain who she be caught. Sudden anger filled Sparrow. She screamed and ripped the news papers down from her walls. She crumbled it all up into a ball and threw it all in the trash.

"Why is life so confusing?" she whispered to her ceiling as she flopped onto her bed. She almost fell asleep when she remembered her wing. She groaned then got up and sat down at her desk. She knew that it was a small break but it still hurt. Sparrow focused all of the metal that ran through her veins on the break. Slowly the bones realigned and mended themselves. Once it was healed she stretched her wings and tail.

"Tremor is back and he wants to see you." said a voice outside of her door.

"Coming." She mumbled. Spare sighed and put her wings back into dormant. Her wings slowly sunk into her skin, becoming part of her back. In place of where her wings were was a large tattoo of bird wings. Spare quickly removed her mask and hood. She ran her fingers through her short brown hair. In her cracked mirror she could tell that her blue eyes looked nervous. She took a deep breath and opened her door. She walked down the stairs and into Tremor's office.

"Sparrow." The tall man sid without looking up. He wore glasses and a white lab coat. His white hair made him look weaker and older than he was. He smiled at Spare and gestured with his hand towards a chair that was placed in front of his desk. "Please take a seat.

"What do you need?" She asked as she sat down.

"I need you to tell me why you were hanging out with Volt tonight." He sneered as he looked up. His kind smile turned to a disappointed frown. Spare would usually not be afraid of anyone but Tremor was different. His powers became whatever his enemy's weakness is.

"We just fought as always." Spare said quickly. She knew that it wouldn't fly with him. Under the desk she pressed the button on the phone.

"Then explain why Commander Ice is in jail!" Tremor yelled, pounding his fists on the desk. Sparrow started to hear a small high pitched noise. Oh no. She thought.

"I didn't know that he was in jail!" She said defensively. The noise became louder with every second. She prayed inside her head that Volt would come.

"Stop lying at once!" He yelled. The noise had become so loud that Spare had to cover her ears.

"I'm not!" she yelled. She could feel her wings and tail contorting with in her body. There was a sudden crackling noise, before a guard went flying through a wall. In a second, another one followed, before Volt stepped into view, black electricity arcing across the speedsters suit as he glared at Tremor.