Chapter Thirteen

"I have eyes on the hostages," Matt said as he crouched on top of a roof, his eyes narrowed as he studied the building with a special adapted lense on his suits cowl, allowing him to see thermal imaging. "Several hostiles, all armed with AK's."

"This seems too easy." Alice said before letting her wings turn to metal. "Or are these guys just that stupid?"

"Wait a minute..." Matt said as he activated the zoom function on the lenses, enlarging the image. "Nick, you installed the powered-identifier in my cowl lenses, right?"

"Ya," Came Nick's reply, and Matt nodded as he activated it, before muttering a curse.

"Correction; seven powered hostiles armed with AK's," He said wearily. Alice suddenly put a hand on Matt's shoulder and pushed him down right as one of the hostiles looked out the window right where they were.

"By any chance does that thing tell you what their powers are?" White Sparrow asked before letting two small metal feathers drop from her wings. "I'm going to take out their guns."

"No. Unfortunately, technology isn't advanced enough to do that." Was the reply.

"I guess we'll find out." Alice said before giving him a small smile. "I figured out a new power. Ever since you found out about the small lightning bolts, I have been able to use the small amounts of electricity to act as a conductor. I can make the metal feathers come back to me."

"Really? So basically you have boomerangs now?" Matt asked. Alice shrugged.

"Only for a small amount of time." She said before giving him a nervous glance. "It works best right after you know what."

Matt smiled, before he reached out a hand as he allowed a few arcs of lightning to crackle against her skin. Alice burst out laughing before lightly hitting Matt on the top of the head with her wing.

"DON"T DO IT RIGHT NOW!" She laughed. "Hahahaha! STOP! Hahahaha!"

Matt smirked as he stopped, raising an eyebrow.
"You have a better time in mind?" He asked as he seemed to concentrate, the lightning around one of his hands building up. Alice pulled her wings back out of his reach.

"At least not when we are on coms." She said. "Now Black Arrow and Nick know my weakness. And don't you two dare think about using that against me."

"I'm not," Matt said as he suddenly took off, speeding away faster than possible as several loud booms sounded through the air, before he skidded to a stop. "Okay, hostages are free, but they're on edge now. And as a safety net, I made sure the building was clear."

"That was too easy." Alice mumbled before crashing through a window. The hostiles were still confused by the fact their hostages were missing. "And I wasn't talking about you since you do it ALL THE TIME. I meant Nick and Arrow."

"Understood," Nick said, although Black Arrow remained silent. Alice through several feathers at the men then held out her hand as all of the guns flew towards her.

"Arrow..." She said. "Don't even think about it."

"I'm not," Arrow said in a flat voice. "I just don't understand the point of useless chatter."

"A new power is not useless." She mumbled as she knocked out the last hostile. "My section is clear but I'm a little worried about how simple that was."

"There's undoubtedly going to be more hostiles," Black Arrow said through the coms as he crashed through a window, rolling as he came up, an arrow on his bowstring already.

"Does anyone have eyes on anymore?" Alice asked the others through the coms.

"Nope. I'm searching the building right now." Nick replied.
"And I'm keeping an eye on the building from the outside," Matt said.