Chapter Ten

A few more months later...

"Good morning." Matt said, nudging Alice a little. Alice groaned and threw the covers of their bed over her head.

"Five more minutes..." She mumbled sleepily. Matt chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"You always ask for that," He said, before smirking as he rested a hand on her shoulder, letting just the littlest bit of Speed Force lightning arc off and connect with her skin. Alice squirmed and laughed before attempting to whack Matt with a pillow.

"OK!" She laughed, sitting up. "I'M UP!"

Matt just smiled at her as he wrapped his arms around her, allowing more of his Speed Force lightning to ignite and crackle along her skin.

"Shouldn't have told me about this," He whispered in her ear. Alice burst out laughing and squirmed in Matt's arms.

"Hahahaha! I surrender!" She laughed, kicking her legs. "Hahaha! Stop! Please! Hahaha!"

"Nope," He chuckled. "I like hearing you laugh."

Alice laughed more and squirmed in his arms. She grabbed a pillow with her feet and tried to hit Matt with it.

"WE HAVE TO GO TO WORK!" She laughed, trying to break out of his grip.

"You said so yourself," Matt said, smiling. "Five more minutes."

"I MEANT OF SLEEP!" Alice laughed. "NOT OF TICKLING!"

"To bad!" Matt said, smiling down at her. She laughed more as she tried to escape. Alice released her wings and tail forcing Matt's grip to loosen.

"YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" She laughed, trying to wiggle out of his arms by using her wings. Matt suddenly placed a palm on her chest as a surge of electricity ran through her body, causing all her muscles to relax. Matt smiled at her as she went limp, the lightning putting an end to her struggling.

"I'm a speedster. I can't be late." He said, planting a kiss on her forehead. "How'd you like my new trick?"

"I like that part..." She giggled, relaxing. "But no more morning tickles!"

"Fine," Matt said as his Speed Force lightning died down. Alice grabbed a pillow and hit him in the head with it.

"I know you can't be late but I can." She said, smiling as she looked over list of what she had to do for the day as her wings and tail retracted back into her skin. "I have to give my boss the photos from last week's battle and we have to give our response if we are going to Hero-Con or not."

"What is this Hero-Con thing anyways?" Matt asked as he swung himself out of bed, standing up. He walked over to the closet and opened it, rifling through and looking for a shirt to wear for the day.

"Its Comic-Con but hero based." Alice said from her closet as she picked out a loose white shirt. "Basically, we go as heroes and sit on this stage with other heroes and fans ask us questions about hero stuff. It's like a big talk show where the heroes are the special guests."

Matt sighed as he pulled out a black button-up shirt, shrugging it on and beginning to button it.

"So basically just sit there and deal with crazy people who adore us just because we're heroes?" He asked.

"Pretty much." Alice laughed. "We are celebrities to them."

"Black Arrows response?" Matt asked, already certain he knew what the answer was going to be. Alice shrugged as she finished getting ready.

"I'm not sure but I think he said no." She said, brushing her hair. Matt rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"Knew it," He said, smirking as he finished buttoning up his shirt. Alice smiled at him then raised an eyebrow.