Chapter 1 (preview):

Words - 496
———————————————————

~~You~~

You sighed as you put down your now cold cup of tea. It was passed four o'clock in the morning and you were still stuck in the hospital. You leaned on the counter of the break room. You were exhausted, your shift had started at 12 and since then you had not stopped moving, from young drunk kids to beaten up adults, for some reason they had all gone up in numbers and it was starting to kill you.

Monsters had been released from the underground for just over 5 years and the racism had started to diminish. The fighting and threats had subtlety subsided and the people saying them have become second to none, though there are still some tension surrounding human and monster interaction.
The news that the monsters had killed several human children in the underground had recently risen up in the anti-monster community as an excuse for their racism. The monster Ambassador (who has never been sighted in person as, apparently, the monsters felt protective, but had been confirmed as human, despite no other knowledge known) continuously denied any form of harm against them and stated that they were all kind and caring people.

You sighed again. The news of monster racism acts have started to rise in number, which had subsequently increased your work load. You worked in the emergency department and the random monster attacks (normally on monsters not caused by monsters, though the records of that has slowly been rising over the last year) had caused people to become more on edge, which, in turn, caused more people to accidentally cut them selves when surprised or have stupid accidents like that.

You looked out the window. It was raining, plus it was winter so it was still extremely dark, unlike those lovely summer days when the sun rose over the horizon early and you were blessed with the that light red sky.
A sudden clang behind you made you jump and look around. You saw a sheepish looking man wearing a doctors cloak and splattered with a touch of red, standing next to a fallen over chair.

"Jesus James, how many time's till you realise there is a chair there?" You said exasperated.
James was a coworker who often worked the night shift with you.
"Not my fault, swear it."
You look at him with a deadpanned look on your face. You sighed for the third time in half an hour and looked out of the window again.
4:15. Only 15 minutes left to go...Unless someone has a serious injury to look at...
You spot several ambulances pulling up on the hospital entrance.
...Fuck...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello all who could be bothered to read this. I hope you enjoyed the small preview off this book.
...ummmmm
I have no idea what I'm doing soooo...
Hope you continue to read and comment any criticism so I can improve my flawed writing.
Anyway..
See you later 👋
*BrightLadyStarlight*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~