Episode 8 - Subdued...

Mulai dari awal

Y/n: "Because I'm scared..."
I wailed removing his hands off my face and pushing him away. Finally I decided to speak out my fears...
Y/n: "I'm scared..."
I wailed again...
Y/n: "I'm scared that I'm not good enough for you...
I'm scared that someone else would steal you from me...
I'm scared that I won't be able to take the pain, if I lose you...
And I'm scared that I wouldn't be able to exist without you...
I never wanted this love...but it just sprung out from nowhere. I tried my best to stop myself, but you just kept appearing making me weaker and weaker..."
I weeped as I slowly slid down against the door. He stood still gazing at me.
Y/n: "You know what's worse...
Having someone's love and then losing it. It's so magical and powerful, you think nothing can bring you down when you are in their arms. And then they suddenly disappear from your life without a trace, and you become a lost child. Everything just turns pitch black. It takes such a long time for you to stumble out of that darkness. I've gone through all that pain already. So, it's just better not to have such love at all. If you gonna do the same thing, please stop. Just stop now. I don't have the strength to go through it all again..."
I sat hugging my knees and whimpering, as I remembered my dad's warm embraces, and the walks I took holding his pinky finger and losing him forever.

Jungkook's PoV

She cried, giving me all the answers. I went closer and sat on my knees in front of her. I could see why she was scared. She was afraid I might leave her or cheat on her or stop loving her. She was scared to trust me. It seemed she's already been through enough pain and didn't want it repeated.
I didn't want to ask anymore about it. I untangled her arms around her knees and pulled her onto me.
Hugging her tightly, I guided her legs to wrap around me. She whimpered burying her face under my neck like a little girl.

Jk: "y/n ahh...Baby, it's ok. I won't ever let you go, and you won't ever lose me. I promise."
I comforted, keeping her in my embrace but she kept weeping
Jk: "Y/n...please trust me..."
I softly requested, caressing her back. I sat still holding her in my embrace.

She stopped crying after a while and slowly pulled away adjusting her hair. I wiped her wet cheeks and smiled at her tilting my head. She smiled softly and looked down.
Y/n: "You haven't put any medicine on your hand?"
She murmured checking the dried cuts on my hand.
Jk: "It's dry now. It'll heal don't worry."
I replied tucking some of her hair behind her ears.
Jk: "Shall we go somewhere?"
She sniffled as she looked up...
Y/n: "I have a lecture tho..."
She pouted adjusting her top and clearing her throat.
Jk: "Let's bunk..."
I whispered with a wink and pecked on her lips.
Y/n: "Oh no!"
She exclaimed
Jk: "Oh yes! Come on. Let's have a little adventure..."

Author's PoV

He turned around facing the other way, and pulled her arms to wrap around his neck. Holding her thighs he lifted her up onto his back and carried her out of the classroom.
Y/n: "Jungkook no...everyone's gonna see us."
She moaned, a little embarrassed.
Jk: "Who cares!"
He answered as he carried her through the corridor as other girls and boys stood dumbfounded.
"What the hell is going on?!"
"Who is she?!"
"She's a newbie, first year."
"Oh my god!"
"Jungkook ahh...what is this?"
"Is he gone crazy?!"
"They kissed in the library yesterday."
The envious comments and questions filled the corridor as he carried her out of the building to his car. Although the remarks made her uncomfortable, it all soon disappeared...

Y/n's PoV

I sat uncomfortably, distracting myself by looking at the shops through the window, as he drove through the streets.
"Ugh! I hate this car! This spaceship like thing. The seats were really low, It was almost like I was lying down. Is there a way to adjust the seat? I mean I don't wanna press the wrong buttons and slam against the windscreen. What's wrong with these weird posh sports cars?! They just don't make it practical."
I groused inside my head.
I checked him with corner of my eye. He looked comfortable. Way too comfortable! Just relaxed back and sat stylishly, while holding the steering wheel with one hand and stroking his chin with the other, waiting for the green signal.
"Hm...maybe guys like it.."
I thought as we stopped in front of a glass building. I looked and realized it was one of those fine Michelin star restaurants in town.
"Oh no...!"
I hated these posh restaurants, I've never been to one, and I wasn't dressed to go to one.
I gaped my eyes and gulped looking at two ladies who were entering the place in their Christian Louboutin heels with Prada handbags.
Jk: "Shall we?"
He asked with a smile after stopping the engine.
Y/n: "Hm? What?"
I blabbered nervously, trying to focus.
Jk: "Let's have lunch."
Y/n: "Ermm...you mean there?"
I pointed to the building, looking at him.
Jk: "Yes...It's one of the finest restaurants in town."
He replied.
Y/n: "Uhm...yeh."
I gulped again.
Y/n: "Can we go somewhere else?"
I requested awkwardly.
Jk: "Why? You don't like it?"
He was a little surprised.
Y/n: "Erm...I'm not really dressed to go in there tho. And also, they give you very tiny portions, I've seen it on them tv shows...and it's like you have to follow too many unwritten rules... you can't talk loudly, you can't laugh, and if you drop the cutlery...they will all look at you like you murdered someone..."
I tried my best to convince him.

Jungkook's PoV

I chuckled listening to her reasoning. It was clear she wouldn't be comfortable there and I didn't want to force her.
Jk: "Ah... you are right. Last time I had a 3 course meal and I was still hungry."
Y/n: "Really? See, I told you."
She looked at me with her sparkling eyes.
Jk: "So you decide. Where shall we go?"
I asked leaning forward.
Y/n: "There's a nice noodle bar just few minutes away from here. Shall we go there?"
Jk: "Ok..."
I agreed and started the car again.

After few minutes of driving we stopped opposite a street noodle stall, where an old lady was sat making fresh hot stir fry noodles.
She got off quickly and ran happily towards it, greeting the lady...
Y/n: "Hi Halmeonnie!"
I smiled to myself shutting the door and walked slowly behind her.
Y/n: "What would you like?"
She questioned.
Jk: "I don't know...you choose what's nice."
Y/n: "Mmm...the seafood stir fry is so nice. Shall we get that?"
Jk: "Yeh..."
I shrugged casually.

I pulled out my card from my wallet to pay.
Jk: "Do you do contactless pay?"
I asked holding out the card to pay.
The old lady looked at me, a little confused.
Y/n: "Oh!"
She laughed holding the noodle boxes.
Y/n: "Don't worry, hold these."
She gave me the two boxes and pulled out a small purse from her bag.
Y/n: "She doesn't do card payments. Don't worry..."
She counted the change and paid to the lady and put her empty purse back in the bag.
She took one of the noodle box in her hand...
Y/n: "Come on, Let's sit down."
She gestured, tapping her hand couple of times on the wooden chair after wiping the leaves fallen from the tree next to it.

We sat down and started to eat.
Y/n: "mmm...It's nice isn't it?"
She asked with a big smile, smelling the hot food.
Jk: "Very nice!"
I winked at her, gobbling a mouthful. I didn't have to worry how I looked when I ate and didn't have to follow any unwritten rules like she mentioned. It was just me and her, enjoying our food. A simple happy meal with the one who swept me off my feet.
Jk: "So you never had a boyfriend?"
She looked up at me and shook her head.
Jk: "I was your first kiss..."
I looked at her, stirring the noodles with my chopsticks.
She nodded smiling and blushing.
Jk: "I wish you were my first kiss too. I'm sorry..."
I sighed. She looked at me for a second and looked back down. Maybe she felt a bit awkward or maybe didn't know how to respond.
Y/n: "Oh!"
She flinched slightly and looked down.
Y/n: "Oh hey..."
She smiled and greeted, looking down to the black cat rubbing and gliding against her leg.
Y/n: "Are you hungry too?"
She questioned like she was talking to a baby. She ripped the lid of her paper box and placed a bunch of noodles with a piece of fish on it ...
Y/n: "There you go. That's for you."
She smiled, after placing it gently on the ground for him to eat. I smiled just watching her after finishing all of mine.
She noticed I finished mine already...
Y/n: "Oh..have you finished already?"
She exclaimed.
Jk: "Yeh, It was too good."
I laughed.
Y/n: "Here...have some more."
She tipped some hers into my box, before I even stopped her. She made me smile like an idiot with everything she did.
"Ah y/n ahhh...why didn't you fall in front of my car earlier?!"
I thought and chuckled to myself.
Y/n: "What happened?"
She looked at me in confusion.
Jk: "Nothing.. thanks for the noodles."
I thanked her and started to eat again.