INTRODUCTION

This story is rated mature for a reason... if you feel uncomfortable with the concept of a lesbian threesome, stop here... *chuckling in my mind... I know you won't, little pervs...

Thank you @Sakositelkukmak for the wonderful cover (seriously, you couldn't have found a less complicated name?) 

Sweet potato and lentils cream with curry is a delicious vegan recipe I like to cook sometimes. You only need to fry gently a chopped onion in olive oil and then add the lentils soaked in water the day before, coconut milk, curry paste, a bit of cumin and water. When the lentils are soft, you add a sweet potato cut into pieces and let it cook gently till the sweet potato is soft too. Then you'll grind it adding some cooking broth little by little till getting the desired texture. I like to serve it in warmed bowls along with some croutons. Different types of curry paste can be chosen in order to get a different taste and that's the key to make this recipe delicious and special. Otherwise, if it were just another tasteless vegan dish, my housemates would never eat it.

It certainly hasn't been easy for me to persuade them to try this kind of recipes. To be honest, they can be really stubborn and, even if they leave the bowls clean after wolfing down the cream, it's hard for them to admit it was delicious. Sometimes they're so arrogant... although they have good reasons to be. They prefer meat, red if possible, and rare... very rare, bloody beef. Yes, I guess that's the right word since I live with a handful of moody vampires. How did I become the housekeeper of this bloodsuckers group? I guess it was my fate and luck helped too. It's been a bumpy ride, incredible, sometimes funny, most times terrifying, but always fascinating.

Oh, yes, vampires eat, although they're really picky with what they take to their mouths, no matter if it's beef tenderloin or the neck of a pretty girl, they tend to choose their snacks carefully. I don't know exactly how it works but it seems that vampires may suffer from lack of haemoglobin and they have to take it from the blood of other living beings, preferably humans; however, their nutritional needs are covered the usual way: with food and drinks. And this is where I step insisting on the importance of a balanced diet with some veggies from time to time. It's not normal for them to become fat, they're exceptionally fast and strong and that's why they burn a lot of energy, but a dissipated life drinking too much alcohol and eating too much food is a factor that can affect their performance and their "powers," if you want to say it like that.

It's not exactly magic, just skill. Each vampire is different and has a different talent like it happens with humans. There're some characteristics that are common to all of them, of course: speed and strength, as I've said already, keen eyes that are able to see in the dark, exceptionally sharp ear, their blood is healing and their saliva an excellent wound-healing agent, they're beautiful since their best features are enhanced, but also they have a special charm that makes humans feel mesmerized by them: we become easy preys. Some of them are warm and others have a cold and serious temperament but they're all sensual and elegant when they move. And all of them are able to manipulate us to erase the memories we have of them, or at least change them, in order to survive in this world and go unnoticed. A lot of legends about their existence were actually promoted by themselves to use them as a cover giving us wrong information on purpose.

Everything is different from that point: some are faster, some are stronger than others, some are able to invade your mind and not only manipulate it so they can read your thoughts, some others can travel fast and they give the impression that they're flying, some vampires can control atmospheric phenomena like fog or storms, some move objects without touching them, some hypnotize you with a simple look and can dominate your will... Some people believe they can turn into animals like wolves, crows of bats, although I've never seen one of those and I don't know if it's just another fake legend. They love to make fun of me with these things. The truth is that I'm not sure what they're capable of, they're truly discreet actually: maintaining the public in ignorance is their way to survive.