Chapter 10 The Blow Up

She felt like she had died and gone to heaven. She was warm, surrounded by the world’s greatest electric blanket with arms and a heartbeat…finally something for the lonely people, she thought. Pausing in her thoughts for a minute… wait, what the hell? She opened her eyes and she shot up as if from a nightmare. She knew what was coming, she just didn’t want to turn around and look at the evidence of her weakened state. She closed her eyes and clasp her hands as if in prayer whispering, “There’s no place like home, there’s no place like home” as she clicked her heels of her bare feet together. Finally, she opened her eyes and turn to stare directly at the most exquisite man she had ever laid eyes on.

With his hands placed behind his head and chest area exposed his smile was broad and beaming, “Morning.”

Making a sound between a whimper and one of disgust Ami continued to pray, “Jesus, it didn’t work.”

“Praying isn’t going to make me go away.”

“You never know… stranger things have happened,” Ami said as she snatched the sheet from the bed and wrapped it around herself leaving Ty bare. With him laid out on the bed the way he was, as if he belonged there he looked to be that sinfully delectable desert that always tempted the strictest diet. She caught herself taking a step towards the bed wanting to fall back into it with him and have a second helping of what happened last night. Hell maybe even third or fourth.

Looking at the room at the mess they had made, pillows thrown about the room clothes carelessly stripped off and dropped on the floor. When she spotted her panties, she went to bend and snatch them up but a sharp pain at the back of her neck prohibited her from doing so. Feeling the back of her neck for the sore spot Ami felt the tenderness of the surrounding area and then the teeth marks, and suddenly she remembered Ty mounting her and the breath left her body. She backed up trying to brace herself against a wall as her legs weakened as if they could no longer support her. Ty was up and out of the bed taking hold of her in an instant.

“Relax.”

Ami looked up at him in sheer shock. Her lips trembled and she swallowed reflexively before her mask of shock turned into anger. “What have you done?!”

“Ami… baby, relax.”

“Baby? You don’t know me well enough to call me baby, now what the fuck have you done?!” Ami’s voice rose exponentially every other word as she tried to rein in her fury.

“Ami it was the mating tide.”

“There is no God damn mating tide,” she said as she balled her fist.

“Yes there is,” Ty said as his temper began to flare. “Just because you’re human doesn’t mean that I don’t feel it and as much as I hate for this to happen right now it is what it is.” Ty knew the instant the words left his mouth that it sounded wrong but it was the truth and if there was nothing else Ty could give Ami, it was the truth.

Unable to find the words to explain just how fucked the situation had become Ami finally just simply stated, “I need a shower.” And walked off into the bathroom locking the door behind her.

Knowing Ty was still in her apartment Ami would not allow the tears stinging her eyes to fall, it would be the icing on the cake of his macho attitude to have to comfort the weeping human. No, she would be strong and try to talk some reason into him, but the more she thought about the night before where she was literally begging him to fuck her she knew that it would be useless. And the bite, the bite was something she couldn’t reason her way out of, it happened and there was nothing she could do to erase it and that made her want to cry even more. The helplessness of the situation, she knew, would wear her down if things weren’t taken care of quickly and that meant going to visit the witches today to determine if it really was a mating tide.