Chapter 7 Dream a Little Dream of Me

The Augustine Pride leader and Ty walked around the outside garden; hoping that the beauty of the land would ease the hot temperament of the Naeri Pride Leader.

The two men walked at an easy slow gait, around the area that had sprung to life with the first chirrup of the birds that morning. As the Augustine Land was known for its beauty, it was merely a distraction from what secrets were housed within the grounds. On the outside the land looked like any ordinary fortress of wealth impenetrable to even the savviest criminal it seemed but every now and then some errant human got the nerve to pierce the outer wall to take a look and see if the grass really was greener on the other side. Only once they got there the grass didn’t stay that way for long as the lions that took nightly patrol of the area were known to partake in some midnight snacking; who needed infra red cameras when there were supernatural were-animals with night vision lurking about.

Stopping just at the bed of roses Samil finally spoke, “That was some show in there. I didn’t know that that young cub could fly like that.”

“Look, let me apologize if I ended up hurting anyone back there,” Ty started.

“Don’t be so quick to apologize and listen, no harm no foul.”

“Amongst the many lessons my father taught me it was to always be polite in the presence of friend and foe; killing them with kindness was always just the beginning.”

“And to which party do I belong to?”

Looking the Pride Leader square in the eye Ty responded, “That remains to be seen.” Ty looked about the open area for any roaming lions before he spoke again. “You sent a lioness over to my hotel room last night, why?”

“Well you’re certainly not one for small talk I see.”

“No I’m not. Now answer the question, please.”

Putting on his winning smile Samil explained that, “Just precautionary, really I wanted someone to make sure you didn’t find yourself in a bit of a mess here on the mainland.”

“So you sent over a young female to make sure the mess was contained? Nice Samil, very nice.”

“Pride Leader Naeri as you are a guest in my home, on my lands and the lands of my constituents it would be inhospitable for me leave you on your own. Remember that you sought me out, not the other way around so forgive me for extending an olive branch of good will.”

Standing erect with his arms behind his back Ty turned to the Augustine Pride Leader and replied, “Samil, while I’m here I’m going to pretend that your good will is indeed just. And yes I did seek you out to aid me in little issue I have back home and know that I am only in debt so far as to bend to your law and the law of your constituents but trying to hide your olive branch behind your empty threats won’t win you any favor with me.” Ty then turned back into the direction of the mansion entrance, “Shall we?”

Nipping this problem in the bud right now was the only way to solve it Ami thought to herself. She and Mattea sat in the open reading field of the library, taking seats opposite each other.

“Now explain to me again what exactly happened last night.”

Taking in a breath to still her nerve and to keep from shivering from the memory of being in Ty’s arms Ami said, “Okay Ty and I were…”

Placing a palm up to silence her, Mattea interrupted, “Ty?”

Shaking her head in agreement, “Tyrannious.”

Frowning at the way Ami found herself so familiar with a man she’d met only 24 hours ago Mattea motioned for her to continue.

“We were dancing, then the next thing I know I’ve got my legs wrapped around his waist and his tongue is practically down my throat.”