Chapter 9 Finally

Saturday afternoon led into Saturday evening and once again, Ami found herself alone in her apartment. She should have been used to the quiet echo of her heart beating alone without a mate to match its pace, but she wasn’t. She tried studying but she couldn’t concentrate on anything she read… nothing was on television accept a marathon of shows about wedding dresses or ghosts. Thinking of the forgotten noodles, she decided to make herself a light salad, she had chopped and the lettuce and was beginning to dice the tomatoes and turkey when the knife slipped slicing open the first and second layers of flesh on the side her thumb.

“Ouch, crap, crap, crap.” The blood began seeping out over the turkey and the counter before Ami could apply pressure and run over to the sink to wash and dress the wound with a band-aide. After she cleaned up the mess, she moved to sit down and start one of her favorite movies when for the second time that day she heard a pounding on the door.

“Alright, alright.” she said as she looked through her peephole and spied the one person she really didn’t want to see. Ty stood there large as life waiting for her to open the door.

Inexplicably her heart began to pound within her chest. What the hell? What hold does this man have on me?” Ami thought. Her palms started to sweat and she began to shake and tingle all at the same time. She closed her eyes counting to ten trying to relax and block out the images of the last time she had seen Ty’s shirtless form. Ty knocked on the door again jarring her from her thoughts.

Unlocking the bottom lock but keeping the chain latch connected, Ami eased the door open a bit. “Can I help you?”

Smiling a bit, “Yes, you could start by opening the door and letting me.”

“No I believe I’ll keep you locked in the hall until you state your business.”

“What is this, your club house or your apartment?”

Ignoring the jab, “Once again, can I help you?”

“Okay then since you won’t let me in, how about we talk about you getting nice and hot for me in the club last night.”

“One second,” Ami said as she rolled her eyes. The chain lock disengaged and Ami allowed Ty entrance into her home. As he walked past her taking his time to strut into the front room Ami found herself wanting to lean into him and simply breathe in his scent and wrap herself around his warmth.

Taking a seat on Ami’s couch propping his feet up on the coffee table and placing his hands behind his head Ty said, “We need to talk.”

Closing and locking the door behind her Ami stood with her arms crossed her over breast with her back against the door. “I don’t think so.”

“And why is that, afraid we might actually end up screwing this time?”

That’s exactly what might happen Ami thought. “No it’s just that I’m busy.”

Looking around the room Ty noticed the movie out and the salad on the table, “Looks like you were about to watch a movie. Now, I know a movie isn’t as important as talking to me,” Ty said as he licked his lips.

Ami quickly averted her eyes to the floor in an attempt to keep her mind from wondering about what tricks his tongue might know. “Pride Leader Naeri, I…”

Hearing his formal name coming from Ami had Ty up and moving even before he knew what was happening. Something about the way she said it unnerved him. Ty rushed from the sofa before Ami heard his approaching footsteps.

“You know my name Ami,” Ty said as he took her by the shoulders.

Trying not to stare into his eyes or fall victim to his bewitching stare Ami kept her head lowered.