Chapter 2 Interlude

Actions spoke louder than words, especially in the were-lion kingdom. As Roman gave his final thrust into the whimpering lioness, releasing his seed his thoughts returned to his uncle. He was finally off of the island as he had expected. Roman should have been worried but he wasn’t as the future king of the Naeri Pride such a nuisance as family didn’t warrant his attention any longer. He had other ideas, more plans to put into action.

His first plan, winning the hearts and minds of the Naeri Pride was already underway. Removing himself from the warmth of the girl beneath him he stood to turn away from the lioness and enter the bathroom when she touched his hand.

“Roman, about the promise you made to not harm my family,” the young lioness said as she tried to cover herself.

Smiling he leaned down and cupped her face, “Of course sweetheart, I won’t touch your family for keeping their loyalties with my uncle, he is in fact still the acting king. Don’t you worry about anything love, really, I mean none of my uncle’s followers any harm.” As he walked away into the bathroom he finished the statement, “Especially once I dissolve each and everyone of one their assets and kick them off the island.”

After years and years of living in his uncles shadow Roman finally found himself making waves to begin a new reign where the spot light would be on him and all he could do for the Pride. There was much business to be had outside of the island beyond the few contacts and partners they currently had. Roman entered the shower with a smile on his face.

Once dressed and the room void of the lioness from earlier Roman checked his messages and noted quite a few from his campaign mates he called them, but really they liked to think of themselves as were-lion mercenaries he had strategically placed throughout the kingdom. One could never have too many supporters out amongst the commons to help ensure that wild notions didn’t spur any uprisings. Upon hearing the loud clicking of heels hitting the marble floor, Roman’s back straightened. The woman was a vision to behold with natural bedroom eyes and hair the color of sand. Standing at five eight and a half with ample breasts, a slim waist and wide set hips, she looked to be a man’s dream… or his nightmare. Though a tamed kitten she looked she was really a feisty hellion, always up for a fight. Cutting people down to size was her hobby, one she took up every single day. Of all the kingdom the woman was the most talked about, it was often said that if she couldn’t be found terrorizing someone then she surely was out bedding another. Her sexual appetite matched only that of a true king, to whom she was married.

The lioness entered the room smoothly and walked up behind Roman placing her hands on his back.

“Really Roman your choice in women is getting worse every day.”

Turning to the woman that had been aiding him in his quest to gain the Naeri power he grabbed her by the waist saying, “Purely business I swear. The poor thing wanted assurance that I wouldn’t harm her family in the coming days.”

“And did you promise her?”

“Of course. I said I meant none of my uncles’ followers any harm, I didn’t mention anything about anyone else harming them,” he smiled as his lips descended on hers.

Pushing him away the woman moved to an empty lounger seated near the window.

“We cats do love our sunlight.”

“That we do,” the woman said as she ran her hand down the length of her thigh.

“Now what can I do for you today, Bronwyn?”

“Well I’m not here on official business, just here delivering a message. Your wife has produced another son for you and she wants a picture of the whole family done today.”

Rolling his eyes, “Anything else new?” Roman walked over to the woman and began running his hands over the woman’s skirt pausing only to slip his hand underneath the fabric.

“You Naeri men are simply insatiable. The room sill reeks of sex and here you are pawing at me.”

Lowering himself to his meet her stare Roman replied, “I get excited when I hear good news.”

Slapping at his hand away, Bronwyn rose from the lounger, “We have no time for games Roman, our plan is in full affect now.”

“As I’m full aware. With my uncle running off like the cowardly lion that he really is.”

“Tyrannious is anything but cowardly, he’s up to something I can feel it.”

Walking up behind the woman Roman placed his chin on top of her head, “And here it is I thought you were tired of him.”

“That I am, but he still has his uses.”

“I’m sure whatever he can do… I can and will do better,” Roman said as he scooped her up in his arms, tossing her to the bed before he landed atop her and proceeded to remove her clothing. Roman took his sweet time enjoying the company of the Queen of the Kingdom as the hidden camera tapped the live feed of the entire session.