Chapter 2 First Impressions

Having already reached the garage the two girls loaded Mattea’s things over into Ami’s trunk and climbed into the car setting out for the half hour drive to the University.

“So about that bet, chica.”

Sighing, “Would you give it a rest I called forfeit just before the darn game started.”

“And I said that you couldn’t back out, so you owe me, one sexy as fuck dress at a club of my choosing and one dance with a guy you barely know.”

“Have you lost your damn mind I’m not doing that. It’d be better if you just asked me to go bungee jumping.”

“It would, but this way you get to show off those legs of yours. So you’re going to do it or we’re not friends anymore.”

Rolling her eyes Ami stated, “You have been using that tired threat since we were little. I am a grown woman now so that threat would be like a treat for me.”

“A treat huh, we’ll see who has a treat when somebody can’t get her ancient computer to start-up and she’s missed an episode of “Glee.”

Gasping, “You wouldn’t?!”

“I just did,” Mattea said crossing her arms and rolling her neck.

“Fine I’ll wait for the whole season on DVD.”

“No you won’t otherwise you’d have done it for the first and second season so what’s it gonna be…Glee or no Glee?”

Hitting her hand against the steering wheel in admission of defeat Ami said, “Fine I give...but…”

“No buts I’m in control of everything. All you are is a living-breathing-dancing mannequin.”

Attempting to focus her attention back on the road, Ami made a sharp turn and asked, “Fine, when are we doing this then?”

Mattea simply replied, “Tonight.”

Eyes popping out from beneath her half closed eyelids, “Tonight… Mattea no I can’t, I have things to do.”

“You have nothing to do I already checked your schedule. So let’s not even worry about the details until after class.”

Mr. Jackson Tussou, or just Jack to everyone in the Pride was a very kind, well sorted man. He never drank and he wasn’t a hussy chasing philandering sort of man. In fact after his wife passed on he had never really had anything serious with anyone. Jack was considered a jovial man, one that everyone eventually took a liking to, he never got angry or raised up in arms except when it came to his daughter.

“YOU’RE MY DAUGHTER’S WHAT!”

Geoffrey, trying to be as still as a mouse caught with a piece of cheese tried his best to calm the situation between the two men. If Mr. Tussou ever had the chance to be reborn again he would surely come back as a pride leader.

“Jack… calm down… this isn’t something not un-heard of… people get paired off every day.”

The two men staring each other down, sizing each other up would not relent. But really what was there to be said. When Tyrannious introduced himself as Mr. Tussou’s client and possible true mate to Jack’s only child what sort of reaction could one suggest?

Taking several breaths to still himself, Jack broke the uncomfortable silence, “Now, Mr. Naeri, I am sure that I’ve heard you incorrectly.”

Quirking an eyebrow Ty replied, “No you haven’t Jack. When I met your daughter today I felt the instant sensation of the mating tide, there’s no mistaking it.”