Chapter 37

•Jennelle•

These past two weeks have been unbearable. Has it really been two weeks since Zayn and I broke up? Everything's been a blur. Zayn hasn't been in class for almost a week. He's probably been skipping school on purpose. I mean I wouldn't blame him. Since the night of the breakup, I've been a mess. I can't go to sleep without crying and I've been in my room the whole time. I come home, go upstairs, and stay there until my parents bring up dinner for me. They tried comforting me but it's no use. It hurts, and I hate it.

I know I'm already late for school because I kept hitting dismiss on my alarm. So I walk into my closet and pick out whatever I see first and quickly put it on. I hear my phone buzz from my nightstand, but I pay no mind and walk across the hall to brush my teeth and wash my face. I grab all my hair and miraculously manage to put it all in a bun. I leave my nose stud just the way it is and walk back to my room and finally decide to check my phone. I have two texts from Anna.

Anna: 8:45am

Where are you??

Anna: 8:47am

You better be coming today.

To Anna: 8:51am

I'm on my way right now. Overslept.

I slip my phone in my back pocket and grab my bag and quickly rush down the stairs. My parents look up from their breakfast and give me a quick smile.

"Are you going to school today?" My mom asks and I nod my head while grabbing a banana and taking a bite.

"I was about to leave right now."

"Well let me take you. I'm on my way to drop some papers off at work"

She finishes the rest of her bagel rather quickly and grabs her keys and ushers me outside. The brisk weather slaps my cheeks harshly and I instantly regret not wearing a scarf.

The drive to school was okay, my mom made small talk and I replied once or twice but I was mostly looking outside.

"We should spend some time together this weekend." My mom mentions and I look up from my phone.

"Sure. How about Sunday? We could have like a Sunday fun day or something like that. I barely see you anymore. You and pa are always working."

"That'll be good. We could go shopping or something."

We arrive at the academy and I'm about to get out but my mom grabs my arms gently and it instantly reminds me of how Zayn used to grab my arm gently, as if he didn't want to hurt me.

"I know these past few weeks have been hard on you mi hija (my daughter or love.), but you know you can always come to me if you need to talk or anything. You know I'm always here."

I smile gratefully and nod my head before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Te amo." (I love you)

»»»

"Finally! I thought you weren't going to show!" Anna exclaims as we head downstairs to the cafeteria after literature. Zayn still hasn't shown and i don't know why this bothers me so much. We meet up with Amber and Anna rushes to hug her and gives her a quick kiss. I look away awkwardly not because I'm weirded out. I just miss the affection I got from Zayn. Zayn.

"Hey- I'm going to get in line." I say and they nod their heads as I walk towards the line and wait for it to move. I don't even notice the line moving until someone clears their throat behind me.

"Sorry" I mumble and rush to catch up to the people in front of me. Which so happens to be Dylan and Maria. Dylan turns around and gives me a once over then a small smile.

"Jennelle."

"Dylan"

Maria turns around and locks eyes with me for a split second and whispers something into Dylan's ear . He chuckles and then turns to me.

"Maria wants to know if you're okay, ya know .. with everything that happened between you and Zayn."

Just the sound of his name brings a lump in my throat.

'Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks." I say towards Maria and she nods her head.

We proceed in the line for about five minutes awkwardly before i have the courage to ask Dylan what's been on my mind.

"Have you seen Zayn?" I ask him and he scratches the side of his head as if debating whether he should tell me the truth or not.

"He's been at his house most of the time. The only time he leaves his house is for the meetings, and uh- I'm pretty sure you know about those."

He mumbles awkwardly and i nod my head while looking down. Maria and Dylan grab their lunches and glance at me one last time.

"We'll see you around Jennelle."

»»»

"You should go out with us tonight! There's this party and you should come. You need to have some fun . It's a Friday COME ON JENNELLE"

Anna tries to convince me about going to a party while we she is driving me home from school and I'm not sure if i want to go or not.

"But I like staying home and watching Netflix Anna. " I whine and try to turn the music up in order to end this conversation, but she turns the radio off.

"You need to get out. Have fun! You're going no matter what. I don't mind kidnapping you for the night unless your parents know who's kidnapping you. You're going. "

"Ugh." I complain but suddenly stop because she is going to win this argument. She always does.

"Fine. But you're staying by my side the whole night." I warn her and she squeals excitedly and I cover my ears.

"This is going to be so much fun. Just wait."

»»»

This sucks ass and you all know it.

I'm soooooo sorry for not updating in a whole month. I'm really busy with school and homework but I managed to fit this chapter in.

It's short and boring asf, but next chapter is gonna have EXCITEMENT Just wait on it.

Hey would you guys mind following me on twitter? I mean you don't have to but it would be nice. @5soscray_ (I'm in both fandoms k?)

ANYWAYS

PLEASE

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

Bc ya know.

Lovvvveee yaaaa.

-L