Chapter 3

•Jennelle•

The past weekend was okay, we basically unpacked all of our furniture and got the house looking a little more homey. My mom took me shopping for some new clothes and for the uniforms that I had to get. The colors are a hideous light blue and white collared polo with khakis and you're preference of shoes that coordinates with the uniform. (ovbiously you can't wear heels because that's just stupid). My mom wanted to buy me a jumper, but I said there was no way in hell that anyone was going to catch me in a pleated jumper.

»»»

On our way back to the house, my mom stopped by the supermarket to get food for dinner tonight. But she got pretty impatient quick. 

"They don't have Sofrito and Recaito? Are you serious? How the hell am I supposed to cook? You know what. I'll just order it." She huffed as she looked in each aisle. Sofrito and Recaito are two hispanic traditional cooking bases that we always use when making food. 

My mom mumbles something in spanish and I can't help but laugh. People are beginning to look at us weird and I just roll my eyes. Typical. I know that there aren't a lot of hispanic people here unless they're in the military living here but it's still is a little weird not having anyone familiar here. 

When we get to the house my mom complains to my dad about the lack of seasoning we have and I make my way upstairs and into my room to avoid further drama.

I have the urge to call Emily but I'm not sure if it's too late or not. So I just take a quick shower and get my uniform ready for tomorrow morning and go back downstairs for dinner.

»»»

"So Jennelle are you ready for your first day at Manchester Academy tomorrow?"  My dad asks me and I fiddle with my fork in between bites of pasta. 

"Surrrreee." I say sarcastically and my dad gives me a warning glare.

"I know this is hard to get used to, but in no time you'll make friends." He tries to lighten the mood but it's not working. 

"Papa, this isn't elementary school. I don't need to make friends. I'm perfectly fine being by myself." I retort. 

The rest of dinner is silent as I try to finish eating as quickly as possible so I can go to sleep. I really don't want to go to school tomorrow.

»»»

The next morning my alarm on my phone blares loudly and I struggle to turn it off and get up. Time reads 6:30am and I think my mom told me yesterday that I have there by 7:25am but I'm not so sure. I quickly put on my uniform and slip on my black and white Vans before looking at the mirror and debating on what I should do with a curly mane I have to call hair. Eh, fuck it. I'm leaving it down. I freeze once I get to the piercing on my nose. I really hope they don't say anything about it, but either way I'm not going to take it off. I quickly brush my teeth, wash my face and put on some makeup before grabbing my back pack and phone, and head downstairs.

»»»

"Ya te vas?" ( Leaving already?) My mom asks me and I nod my head while taking a bite of a banana. 

"Do you know where you're going?" She asks as if I haven't looked at maps to see where I'm supposed to go for the past weekend. 

"I have GPS on my phone ma. Love you." I give her a quick kiss on the cheek before checking my phone once again. 7:00am. Good. I'm ahead of time. 

»»»

Edited chapter to make it longer.

Poor Jennelle, having to wear uniforms..ew

Anyways

PLEASE

READ

VOTE

COMMENT.