Chapter 30

•Jennelle•

It's finally Monday and I feel a little bad to be leaving Emily alone in the morning. But she's probably sleeping in. Anna dropped her off around ten last night and when I opened the door for Emily, she was holding four bags of clothes in each hand. She was telling me that Anna was showing her around Manchester and rambling on and on about Dylan. When I asked her about Joshua she got really quiet and I know that this is going to be hard for her. I don't want her to choose between Dylan who she just met, and her boyfriend. Dylan is a really great guy but I don't think he's really committed. He has a past just like Zayn, and I don't want her to get hurt.

When I passed the guest room, she was snoring like a beast. As I made my way downstairs, I could hear my dad's car already backing out of the driveway. I search the cabinets in hopes for a pop tart but can't find any so instead I get two donuts that my mom brought from food shopping yesterday. I eat them silently while watching the clock and I get a text right at seven on the dot.

Loser: 7:00am

Good morning babyyy. I'm on my way so be ready.

My Puerto Rican't: 7:02am

When am I not ready? I was born ready.

Loser: 7:03 am

Yeah okay. You say that everyday and when I get there you 'forget' something. 😂

My Puerto Rican't: 7:05 am

Oh shutup. That only happened one time! 😫

Loser: 7:06 am

I'm on your street. Get ready. I'm stopping by Dylan's first.

My Puerto Rican't 7:06 am

Okay daddy.

Loser: 7:07am

JENNELLE.

About a minute or so later I hear a familiar honk of Zayn's car and I rush to get my jacket and scarf on while grabbing my book bag and heading out the door. The cold air hits my face and makes my eyes water temporarily. I make my way into the car and see Dylan in the backseat with the devil herself, Maria. I try not to make a face as I smile at Dylan and he smiles back. I don't even care to glance at Maria as I sit in the front seat and glance at Zayn.

"Wow you're finally on time. I'm shocked." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever. I'm always on time." From the backseat I can hear Dylan's snickers and I turn to glare at him.

"Actually Jennelle, this is your first time-"

"Okay Dylan!" I cut him off and he just laughs even harder as my cheeks slightly redden.

»»»

We make it to the school five minutes before the bell rings and Dylan and Maria go one way as Zayn and I go a different way. He intertwines his hand with mine while he walks me towards my class.

"So I was thinking.." I trail off not knowing where I'm going with this. It was just a thought. I don't even think this could happen anyway.

"What were you thinking?"

"Well I know that here you guys don't celebrate thanksgiving and I was wondering if your mom wouldn't mind having a dinner with my family on Thursday? Emily leaves on Saturday and I really want her to experience a dinner here. And I wanted to invite Dylan and Anna and Amber but I think that would be too much." I begin the to ramble aimlessly and Zayn chuckles with an amused expression.