Chapter 1 The Meeting

***This is a complete work of fiction. All characters, organizations, and events portrayed in this story are products of the writer’s wild imagination.***

Tyrannious began walking down the hall of the mansion to find this human accountant the den had on staff. Never in a millennia did he ever think that one day he would have to hire one of these number jugglers to settle his financial affairs. Ty thought to himself, “Damn Roman! He’s a kitten compared to me, he’s sneaky and underhanded and a liar at that, who hell would follow his leadership. I wouldn’t even follow him to the movies. “Taking everyone out of exile,” he promises.Such big ideas for such a little cub, I already know he’s not working alone; that bitch of a wife I have surely had taken him up under her claw, and probably between her legs. “Roman says it’s it’ll be changing the pride for the better.” What a twerp.” If he weren’t such a lying prick Roman might have reminded Tyrannious of himself before he fell into pride politics.

He remembered the days of his youth trying to win over all the available lionessesand trying to keep his father appeased with that bitch of wife he’d found himself attached to. “For the good of the pride,” his father said. But what about what was good for him. Growing up all Ty heard was how fine a Leader his father was, and how it would only seem natural that Ty follow in his foot steps. And that he did. Being the Leader was a challenge one that Ty accepted whole-heartedly. But every now and then Ty wondered what it would have been like to lead a life where the responsibilities never out weighed the options. But now what had once been for the good of the pride was being neglected and outside forces were endangering his pride or what was left of it.

As Ty got closer to the accountant’s office, his beast awakened. He didn’t sense any danger around. This pride had been his ally ever since his father led the pride. So what would cause his beast to rise? A scent, female. Lioness? His steps quickened to get to the office. He was acting as if he’d never scented a female, but this scent was different, his beast urged him to run, but he wouldn’t run unless he had a just cause. His last few steps to the front door of the office were hurried, once there he knew exactly why. And she was on the other side of the door just sitting there.

Today Ami decided to help her dad get caught up on his filing. At the moment she had perhaps a stack and half to go, which wouldn’t be anything since she had use of the stereo system, and everyone knew that playing music makes the work go faster. She swayed her plentiful hips from side to side, not noticing that someone was watching her. Placing the files into the drawer with ease trying not to make any noise, a file slipped from her fingers and dropped onto the floor and she wound her body down to the ground to the beat of the music making sure to work her waist in the middle with extra effort.

One more file Ami thought to herself. She turned up the volume upon hearing the next song. Rocking her head to the beat and mouthing the words. She wiggled the lower part of her body to the beat ever so slowly.

Once the last file had been placed in its correct draw Ami casually turned towards the entrance while shutting her music off and came face to chest with someone very big. She mumbled an “excuse me” and was about to side step the individual when the person took hold of her and something in her shivered. Ami had no choice but to look up to meet the person’s eyes. She let her eyes wonder up a massive chest that led to a chin with a day’s growth of beard on it, that lead to perfectly aligned white sharp teeth, supple lips that were moving as if the stranger were saying something. Her eyes finally settled on eyes the color of warm syrup, hot, succulent, and sweet. Something about this person’s eyes, the power they held made her heart clench. Ami didn’t need a keen sense to know that this man was a Pride Leader.